Applied for passport but no reciept!

smile1

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I just applied for my US passport at an acceptance facility and now 3 days later i realized that i didnt get any reciept or number(if any) for my application. Is this normal? They just kept all my documents and didnt give me anything and now I'm panicking . I have copies of the checks that i submitted but no other proof that i handed in all my documents ! Also,if this is normal,how does one track if the passport is in process? Please help as I'm getting so worried now.
Thanks.

Hi all,

I just applied for my US passport at an acceptance facility and now 3 days later i realized that i didnt get any reciept or number(if any) for my application. Is this normal? They just kept all my documents and didnt give me anything and now I'm panicking . I have copies of the checks that i submitted but no other proof that i handed in all my documents ! Also,if this is normal,how does one track if the passport is in process? Please help as I'm getting so worried now.
Thanks.

This is normal, they do not give a tracking number. However, you can track your passport application status at the following Department of State link:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/status/status_2567.html

Just enter your Name, last four digits of SSN, and DoB and you can track your passport status.