Applied for EAD after 150 days. How long does will take?

After six months, yesterday, my EAD got approved. :)

Congratulations ! :)
but you might want to check further whether it is a PERMANENT EAD or not...
cause, you might get the PERMANENT EAD now since you had pass your asylum interview
which could only mean you are approved as asylee :)

hopefully you get the permanent EAD :)

Really??? I though that we can drive with our national licenses as long as we are in status. So are you sure that we can drive in California with our licenses even after the status is expired?

driving privilege had nothing to do with staying legally in US privilege.
beside having your country driver license do not give you permission to work here.
beside
California just approved a law that allow UNDOCUMENTED (aka illegal) IMMIGRANT to get California Driver License
albeit with a wording on it saying it is not valid for work.
The ALREADY approved this law, but they will only start issuing this driver license next year (2014).

Congratulations ! :)
but you might want to check further whether it is a PERMANENT EAD or not...
cause, you might get the PERMANENT EAD now since you had pass your asylum interview
which could only mean you are approved as asylee :)

hopefully you get the permanent EAD :)

I wish your word come true but my c08 ead is approved not the application.
I tried checking with ZLA but there is nothing and with the WAC, its approved.
Hope, will get some good news in near future. :)

Me and My Wife just received our EAD Card :)

congratulation bro , so happy for you .

Anyway I just received the RFE mail in my mail box, there are two pages one is blue and the attachment is white , in the attached sheet it says " The following required evidence must be submitted before USCIS can continue the processing of your application "

and then there is bullet " Signature" i undrestand this is because of my signature and I have to sign inside the rectangle box however it's too small and I don't know how to sign there.

below the box there is Note says " Your application did not include the required photographs. The signature your application was rejected by the scanner because it extended outside the box. Please make sure you sign inside the box".

So what does it mean ? do I need to send two photos for them again? or they accepted my photo? in this sheet there is only one bullet "Signature" and nothing very especial about my photo. guys what do you think?

does this Note is about my signature or my photo?

also there is an envelope attached to these sheets , do I need to put everything in this envelope and send or there is an especial instruction for this?

I think to be safe, just send them both your signature and another photo.
regarding the envelope, I don't have experience with RFE,
but if I were you,
I would wrote a letter showing your identity and reason for sending this signature and photo to them,
and also copy of your RFE letter (or do they require you to send back the original RFE letter, if they want the original RFE back,
then make a copy for your files).
Good Luck :)

Me and My Wife just received our EAD Card :)

Hi, i'm still new in this forum. It's been over 150 days since i sent my i-589 and i still have no interview. Now it's been almost 2 months since they received my i-765 for EAD. I and my wife are waiting. We made request to the local office and they answered that they have our current biometrics on file and it is not necessary to go to Aplication Support Center. Is there any chance they send to us EAD without biometrics and is that normally to wait close 2 months or maybe more till you get your EAD? How long time does it take usually to get EAD?

Hi, i'm still new in this forum. It's been over 150 days since i sent my i-589 and i still have no interview. Now it's been almost 2 months since they received my i-765 for EAD. I and my wife are waiting. We made request to the local office and they answered that they have our current biometrics on file and it is not necessary to go to Aplication Support Center. Is there any chance they send to us EAD without biometrics and is that normally to wait close 2 months or maybe more till you get your EAD? How long time does it take usually to get EAD?

Hi

You don't need to do another bio metric since they toke your finger print less than a year ago , regarding waiting well 2 months is normal , I applied mine on 4th sept , we have people in this forum who got their EAD within 2 and half months , some people got their EAD in 6 months . it also depends on the service center processing your file.

OMG! Why don't they make this cell for signiture in the application. So many people are delay just because of this small issue. Much easier to add this in I-765, then send everybody requests for evidences.

Finally after a long time something good happened for me. My EAD card got approved on Nov 12. I got the approval letter today and i applied for it on sep. 30th.

Congratulations to all of you wish all of you to find good job .

I'll submit my EAD on Nov 27 just wish for me a fast service ;-)

After 2 months waiting for my EAD, i received mail yesterday. It says: request evidence. They want from me to send new photos and copies of passport or visa. Of course, i gonna do that, but does it mean that i need to wait another 2 months? I definitely need to work :(

After 2 months waiting for my EAD, i received mail yesterday. It says: request evidence. They want from me to send new photos and copies of passport or visa. Of course, i gonna do that, but does it mean that i need to wait another 2 months? I definitely need to work :(

I don't think so, usually they respond faster for RFE.
I think you should get approved in about 2 weeks at the latest (from the day they got your needed document),
so make sure you send them as soon as possible :)

I don't think so, usually they respond faster for RFE.
I think you should get approved in about 2 weeks at the latest (from the day they got your needed document),
so make sure you send them as soon as possible :)

Thanks for your response. Hopefully, pretty soon it's gonna have a happy end!

I m in the same situation , I sent my RFE and they should receive it by today , and I hope they process it faster.

Hey MWDW, did you apply for SSN? What documents do we need for SSN other than the EAD card??

I had not applied yet, but from my understanding we need to
fill up the form (download online),
the EAD card,
Passport,
and just in case, bring your birth certificate and marriage certificate (with the translation).
cause they need 2 id, one to act as proof of your birth date and one as your face and name identification...
but most likely EAD and passport plus the fill up form should be enough...