Applied for EAD after 150 days. How long does will take?

hi my friends

my EAD has been pending 2 months in initial review
i thought they post it to me a bout 60 days but ...

bad situation

Sent EAD by USPS First Class Mail on Sept 16,
Arrived on USCIS Arizona Lock Box
and
Immediately Processed as Received by USCIS on Sept 18. (as stated on the Receipt Notice).
Notified by email today on Sept 23'2013.
This is quite Fast !
Now waiting for the Receipt Notice by Mail from USCIS,
and hopefully will get EAD as soon as possible.

Sent EAD by USPS First Class Mail on Sept 16,
Arrived on USCIS Arizona Lock Box
and
Immediately Processed as Received by USCIS on Sept 18. (as stated on the Receipt Notice).
Notified by email today on Sept 23'2013.
This is quite Fast !
Now waiting for the Receipt Notice by Mail from USCIS,
and hopefully will get EAD as soon as possible.

Your EAD decision should be reached at by now , most EAD are issued now if you applied after 180 days USCIS will give you after 3 weeks

Hey people, on November 15th it will be 150 days since USCIS officially received my application for asylum, So I am planning to file EAD right away not to lose time.

I have few questions
I am here with my spouse. Should spouse file independent EAD? or I can include?
Why e-file is restricted, what are restrictions if applying online?

I came here on Diplomatic visa, does it give me any difference?

Where should I file it if I file physical documents not electronic. Should I sent to the same address where my application receipt notification came from?

thanks

Most of my questions were answered when I read instruction for filing i-765

But few questions still remain

1. Instruction says

you can file to the following addresses USCIS Phoenix or Dallas Lockbox, based on where you live (See address below).
So even if I live in New York I still file one of those? I can choose where to file or how it happens?

2. I clearly read that filing fee doesn't apply for (c)(8) category applicant if it is initial EAD. Am I correct? And if it paper application?

ead pending

asylum case pending more than 200 days, my wife and i applied for ead on 12th of August, accepted on the 14th of August, was pending with no changes till 30th of September, on the 30th of september they requested RFE for my wifes and my application. still didnt receive hard copy of RFE not mine not my wifes, getting a liitle worry.

asylum case pending more than 200 days, my wife and i applied for ead on 12th of August, accepted on the 14th of August, was pending with no changes till 30th of September, on the 30th of september they requested RFE for my wifes and my application. still didnt receive hard copy of RFE not mine not my wifes, getting a liitle worry.

What kind of RFE did they requested from you?

i didnt recieve RFE letter yet,neither mine, neither my wifes. 6 days.

usually that mean you forget to send something with your first application...
did you sent copy of your passport (that show your picture, date of birth)?
did you sent copy of your I-94?
did you sent copy of any letter showing you had apply for asylum application (can be biometric appointment letter,
or interview appointment letter or the first receipt letter when you apply for asylum).

if you forget to sent any of the above, that could resulted in RFE

usually that mean you forget to send something with your first application...
did you sent copy of your passport (that show your picture, date of birth)?
did you sent copy of your I-94?
did you sent copy of any letter showing you had apply for asylum application (can be biometric appointment letter,
or interview appointment letter or the first receipt letter when you apply for asylum).

if you forget to sent any of the above, that could resulted in RFE

i did sent all of above, but my concern right now, why it takes so long to receive the actual letter(

i did sent all of above, but my concern right now, why it takes so long to receive the actual letter(

it took them 6 days from when my I-765 was received and inputted on the system until
they actually mail it physically with the post office !
My guess is they collect all the notice in bulk then sent them all together once every week...
so hopefully, tomorrow (Monday October 7), they will start mailing your RFE,
and you should get it by the end of this week.
if you had not get it by then, then I suggest you call them or make appointment with infopass.
oh, one more thing, do you remember to sent 2 (most recent) passport style COLOR PHOTO of you and your wife?

Good Luck

ps: I notice that several other member usually get their status update/change (on the website) on Monday,
and most likely USCIS also sent the notification by mail on Monday like what happened with me when USCIS
update my status as initial review on Monday Sept 23
despite they had received my I-765 on Sept 18(Wednesday the previous week).

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Instruction says

you can file to the following addresses USCIS Phoenix or Dallas Lockbox, based on where you live (See address below).
So even if I live in New York I still file one of those? I can choose where to file or how it happens?

2. I clearly read that filing fee doesn't apply for (c)(8) category applicant if it is initial EAD. Am I correct? And if it paper application?

Check this website Link for your guidance on mailing address for your EAD I-765 Application:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

If you live in this area:
Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, or West Virginia

you can NOT choose and can ONLY apply to this address:

USCIS Dallas Lockbox
For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) Deliveries: (if you use US Postal Service Only)
USCIS
PO Box 660867
Dallas, TX 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries: (like UPS/Fedex etc.)
USCIS
Attn: AOS
2501 S. State Hwy. 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

and

NO Filing Fee (Gratis/Free of Charge) for INITIAL EAD in Asylum (C)(8) category

1. Instruction says

Yes you need to file to the lock box that is based where you live look at the list of nearest lock box and you don't need filling fee for (c)(8) category if it is your initial EAD

Thanks everyone for clarifying my issues

So as I learn from users experiences this EAD processing is really sensitive issue so to make it perfect let me summarize doc list and action you need to file it.

So after 150 days of the day when USCIS officially received your application and your status is still undefined you:
1. File i-765. You indicate (c)(8)
2. need passport copy (do you need visa copy too?)
3. must Include I-94 copy
4. You must include asylum application receipt, biometric appointment request letter or interview date notification
5. You seal everything in envelope and send to either Dallas or phoenix offices depending where you live.

One more question. I don't have permanent address and USCIS has my PO Box address as mailing address which is in New York USPS office. So Can I indicate this address in I-765? Can it be reason of denial or RFE?

thanks

Okay,called today after 15 days waiting, the made a service request and resend me a rfe, will se what's gonna happen

62 days exactly i filed on 06/24 the web site showed they received it 07/08 and now shows its in production my lawyer just emailed me last officer was on oregon was last april they have huge back log i originally filed for asylum on 01/24/2013
no interview yet
i cant explain how this made me a life again i was extremely depressed and didn't know what to do
god help us and open the doors for people on our stitution
cheers

hmmm,
July 8'2013 is on Monday,
August 26'2013 is on Monday,

I also received the email notifying that they had received my EAD on Monday (Sept 23'2013),
although the official date the acknowledge of receiving my EAD were the previous Wednesday (Sept 18'2013).
this convinced me that USCIS announced any update on their website every Monday !
oh, USCIS also mail (USPS) my receipt to me on Monday (Sept23'2013) !