Applicants Who Filed/or About To File Form I-129f For A K-3 Visa, Please Share Your Story Here

Question??

Hi Mr. B.Ahmed

I called NVC today and was told that, they have not received my approved petiton yet. They told me to call the INS (800-375-5283). I called the INS and was told it would take 3to 4 weeks for the letter to reaach the NVC office. However, when I told them that on my Approval notice it says: "The above petition has been approved and forwarded to the requested consulate". The INS person said your petition must have been forwarded directly to the consulate and you should contact them.But I thought all the approved petitions have to go to NVC first and they will send them to the requested consulates.

Need help.
Thanks.
Al

No Problem

Don\'t worry You Approved Petition will only be at NVC for two weeks tops! Its not Like I-130 has to get processed and all that It will only gets Scanned and wired to The consulate.
At that Toll free number is Totally Useless I would say You can get better Answers on the Internet or the Automated Machine these are some Customer service People Working. What they do is once you ask them a Question they will go type it in the system whatever answer the computer give its standard.
Anyway don\'t worry its Tops two months or less from this point Don\'t worry About Calling Anyone, May be If you can call the consulate there in about two weeks I think you can get somewhere.
Good Luck

Still need help to file i-485

Hi Mr Ahmed,
Pls how did you get the i-485 form you used to file for your wife? did you print it out off the INS web site? How much did it cost you.
Pls this is urgent. My wife arrived USA a month ago through K3 visa.
Thank you

Not sure

There is only one type of I-485 I have an Attorney He was the one filed, I really don\'t want to give wrong Information to you Please Consult an Attorney or you can call that toll free number they will give you some advise on that Sorry
Good Luck!

No Title

Hi Mr. b.Ahmed,

When your approved petition was sent to the requested consulate,was it filed under your last name or your wife\'s. Because when I called the consulate, they asked for my wife\'s last name and not mine. I was wondering if it has been filed under my last name rather than hers. That is why they can\'t find anything or perhaps, they have not received it yet!
What do you think?

Thanks.
Best regards,
Al

Hum

I will be under the name you had filed the petition, when it reaches the consulate, it will be most likely your wife info on the application, Anyway it will be there soon don\'t worry they should be able to Locate it.
Important thing is Your wife should have a Valid Passport with her Married name on it, when she fills out the visa Application she should put her married name on the application to avoid any confusion Unless she is Planning to keep her last name. also all her documents like we had discussed earlier
be patient it will be there I am sure good luck.
B.Ahmed

Good News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for your kind response.
I called NVC on Friday 2/22/02 and found out that they have received my petition. They said, it would take 2-3 weeks to reach the consulate.
At least I know where everything is now.

Thanks again for your time. I\'ll keep you posted.

Best regards.
Al

I-130 processing for I-129/K3

Hi, anybody has any updates on recent I-130 processing times to get the 1st NOA (or a receipt letter) from the date of filing the I-130 application. I filed for my wife on 2/6/2002.

We are waiting for that proof to send out the I-129 to chicago.

Thank you.

Aprox. Processing time for K-3 Visa

I had filed for my wife the forms G 325(biographical hers and mine)1-130 in INS
office in California(4 weeks ago after receiving NOA) and 1-129F in Chicago a week ago.Could you please inform me the aproximate time
of processing the K-3 Visa? .Taking into account,We began our filing in February 2002.Thanks a lot.

Bob40

No Problem

Most likely you\'ll get An answer within a month from Chicago, If you read all the previous posted messages you will find all your answers good luck
B.Ahmed

Hi bbaba1965

I filed the I-129F K3 visa petition for my wife, MSC received it on Jan 27th and approved on Feb 25th. I\'m now waiting for the next step, which I hope is not going to be too long a wait. Can you or anybody please share your experiences at the interview. Are the consular staff difficult to deal with or do they grant the K-3 visa easily enough?

Thanks for your input.

Regards

Fine

You will be fine, Its will be another two monts until your wife be issued a visa, Process from NVC will be another three to four weeks and then Cabled to Consulate, Depending on the work load at the consulate they will Schedule the Interview, Things to bring at the Interview
1) Complete Medical report From the approved Doctor
2) all Documents Notorized from USA
   a) Marriage Certificate in english
   b) Spouse\'s birth Certificate
   c) Valid Passport Validity of at least six months or more
   d) her education documents if any not necessarily Notorized
   e) your Income tax from last year notorized from your local IRS
      office, and your affidavit of support whatever is required
      I- 180 something just check.
   f) Letter from your Employer with your Income Varified
   g) two photograph facing front small size like passport size
   h) fee either local currency or Dollars.$45:00
   i) Photos of your wedding Very Important
   j) Also a nototized copy of you naturalization Certificate

You should be in very good shape if you have all of the above documents you should be fine.

Does anyone know the answer?

My wife and two stepchildren are in the process of receiving K3 and K4 visas. My wife has the full custody of the children BUT there is clause in her divorce agreement that says she needs to have her ex-husband permission to move the children to the United States. Now my question is: Does she have to provide the embassy with the ex-husband "permission letter" in order to get K4 visas for the children?

Thanks

question for bbaba1965 about I-485

I was just curious which locak INS office did you file the I-485 at or did you file it with the Chicago office for k-3\'s?

my wife is here and my attorney filed it directly with the Newark office and it was rejected because I haven\'t received an approval of the I-130 petition yet.

An attorney makes mistakes also that is why I am trying to get answers or more like a 2nd opinion.

Did you receive an approval of your I-130?

Thanks for your help

Notice of Action

Actually Your Attorney did the right thing by filing it at Newark office because if your Local office is Newark you have to file at newark. As far as Approval is concern from Vermont (only if you live in this region) the only thing you have to do is send the copy of your Notice of Action Along with you I-485 Application that\'s what I did. Approvals for I-130 will take up to a year but you can file for i-485 since your wife a already here. My wife is on "K" visa currently
and getting processed for I-485 at Newark. I hope I answered your question.
B.Ahmed

Thank you B. Ahmed

I appreciate the help...I spoke to my attorney and he said he filed it correctly...but he will try again

NEED HELP

I received INS approval notice two weeks ago. I have attempted to call the National Visa Center to check the status of my pettion. It seems that they are no longer answering questions about K or V visa (said in its automated message). How can I get a person in NVC to talk instead an automated message machine?

Relax

If you have received an Approval notice just sit back and relax for at least Four to six weeks you can try calling NVC they are good with answering some of the question after few weeks it will get done.
If you don\'t hear anything after six weeks from NVC then you should be concern. Good Luck
B.Ahmed