Applicants Who Filed/or About To File Form I-129f For A K-3 Visa, Please Share Your Story Here

anyone who is interested!!

hi to anyone interested in k3?

NOA MSC June 13th 2002
I-129F Approval Dec 2nd 2002
NOA NVC Dec 17th

Called the NVC on 603 3340700, got through on the 3 attempt, they are open between 8am and 3.45pm EST. They forwarded our case to the US Embassy in London on December 17th.
They also gave me a case number.
Just waiting for an interview date now, I have the paperwork all downloaded and the US Emb gave me a fax number to send it through to when they are ready............

will keep you posted........Lisa

Social security number? for K3 visa

Can anybody tell me if my wife can get a social security number. She just arrived in the states on a K3 visa. We will file for an adjustment of status next week. How can wife wife get a SSN so I can write her on my tax return for 2002. Any infor on SSN for K3 visa holders will be very helpful. Thank You,

Tony

Oluyi!!!

Hi Oluyi,

Sorry for late reply. Believe by now you already received the mail from INS? What do they ask for. My case approve finaly after we sent back pictures. Now waiting for they transfer case to US embrassy here.

Candy

Hi Tony,

Finally we got approved on the I-129F already last week. My husand received the letter from INS. Could you please tell me how long will it take for the case transfer to US embrassy oversea? What I can do now or just wait till get the packet? Is it better to get a lawyer or just can handle by ourselves. How long will it take for the proceeding time? Also is it better for my husand to come over here to the US embrassy to be easier?
Thanks for your help!

Tony430

Congrat Tony430 !!!

How did you do it? It took you just one month and 13 days to get your wife to US. Can you summarize the steps you took to making this feasible within this limited time? Once again, I am so happy for you. Hopefully my joy will be full like yours one day.
Thanks for updating your status.

Candy !!!
The additional document INS requested for is the marriage certificate which I think I sent the first time when the application was filed. In any case, I sent it to them together with pictures of my wife and I together. Hope that will satisfy their curiousity. I am just getting tired with the whole process. Just hanging in there anyway, since there is no other way to go.
Good Luck all !!!
Oluyi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!!! My name is Sharon. My husband filed k3 visa last nov. We recieved the 1st NOA last Nov. 15. Up to now, we haven't heard anything from them.

Everytime i check my status online it says there that it will take 60 and 90 days to process my visa. Im hoping they are right.

I hope that our visa will be approved next month. :D

Candy !!!

Just curios, from the time INS requested for the aditional document from you to the time they actually approve your case, if you recall, let me know.
Thanks

Did anybody get notice of action for the K-3 filed in January

Did anybody get notice of action for the K-3 filed in January 2003?

I got the approval

I checked the INS website today. We got the approval... Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Here's my timeline...
11/14-- Rcvd the 1st NOA
2/24-- Got the approval

Now, i'll just wait for the packet from Montreal.

God is good all the time...

wife here on k3 what's next?

Hi everyone, my wife is here in the US on a k3 visa. Does anybody know if I can file for an AOS before my I-130 gets appoved? I filed at the Texas service center and there are very slow. My I-130 was filed on 11/5/01 and still no word yet. They are still on 6/8/01 and I wonder if it ever gets appoved at the Texas service center? One more question when my wife arrived the Immigration officer took her K3 packet with all the medical exams that she took before she arrived. The I-485 ask for copies of her medical exam how do I get them back? Please help and tell me what I need to do next?

Tony

I recently asked the AOS question when I called the national service center. The officer said you must wait until your I-130 is approved.

hello

my husband filed for me a I-129f for a K3 visa recently. Our 1NOA is dated 21March....the processing time on it is 60-180 days , but on-line they say 60-90 days.
From your experience-how long does it take?it is more likely to take 90 days or 180 days...?

our timelines

i asked my husband again :
he sent the I-130 on 3-7-2003
I-130 received by VSC 3-10-2003
1NOA dated 3-14-2003
processing time was estimated : 150-990 days....

he sent the I-129f to Chicago on 3-20-2003
I-129f received on 3-21-2003
1NOA dated 3-24-2003

procesing time was estimated :60-180 days
he also recived a letter form his congressman's office on 3-28-2003, informing him they started to look up for his I-129f at MSC, and that they are going to continue to check the status of the petition...
He also checked the status of the I-129f on-line and the estimated processing time there was-60-90days...

I wonder if the country from which I come from has any importance...
ana

aprooved

these people are incredible-we got aprooved in 15 days

i asked my husband again :
he sent the I-130 on 3-7-2003
I-130 received by VSC 3-10-2003
1NOA dated 3-14-2003
processing time was estimated : 150-990 days....

he sent the I-129f to Chicago on 3-20-2003
I-129f received on 3-21-2003
1NOA dated 3-24-2003

today he calls me-he recived 2nd NOA in his mail-box.2 NOA dated April 7th.
Do I need to sign Ds-choice of Agent form for this petition too...???
Ana

bayana

Are you sure you got I-129f approved in less than a month?

If so Is it because of the congressmans help?Or is it because of the sheer coincidence or the chicago office being less busy these days?

Please clarify-

Ram

Last edited by a moderator: