AP (I131) Delays

sadiq

Registered Users (C)
I checked BCIS' online site for my AP status. Here's the message:

"Your I131 APPLICATION FOR BCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT was received on December 4, 2002. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 375 and 405 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

How can it possible take that long for an AP document? This is how long an I485 used to take until a few of years ago. According to NSCs latest processing time reports (July 1 2003), they are currently reviewing application on or before 4/21/03. It seems to me the information generated from their online page is set up so they have standard answer when we inquire about our case status.

rgds,
sadiq

When I called BCIS customer service number twice they said that it is taking 90 days to process for AP at NSC. They can initiate an inquiry after 90 days but from other's experience in this forum it does not produce any results. I guess the best alternative is to try and get an emergency AP from you local office, but for that you have to prove an emergency of course. I am not sure if it will produce any results by approaching a senator or your US House representative.

Originally posted by sadiq
I checked BCIS' online site for my AP status. Here's the message:

"Your I131 APPLICATION FOR BCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT was received on December 4, 2002. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 375 and 405 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

How can it possible take that long for an AP document? This is how long an I485 used to take until a few of years ago. According to NSCs latest processing time reports (July 1 2003), they are currently reviewing application on or before 4/21/03. It seems to me the information generated from their online page is set up so they have standard answer when we inquire about our case status.

rgds,
sadiq

AP is taking a considerably longer time for nationals from countries on the "alert list". If you belong to a country whose citizens were required to register with INS, your AP may take upto 375 days (or some ridiculously long time). Else, you should expect your AP within 30-90 days.

goodluck

-ab

My online status now say 375-410 days too. When I had got the receipt, it said 310-315 days. I was freaked out, so I called the NSC (Phones worked at that time), they said that since 131 is also used for re-entry permit, and re-entry permits do take in access of 300 days, all receipt notices for 131 say 300+ days. I am not sure if anyone else's receipt notice for 131 says 90 days or less (I think that is the average processing time for AP)
Goodluck to us all!

Hi

My recieved date was DEC 20 2002 for the Advance Parole. I got thee parole approved at the end of march . But the web site message still says the same "We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 375 and 405 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete."

sadiq,

I don't think every case is taking as long as yours. My AP receipt notice said it was taking 900 + days when I applied for it in the third week of March. The message online was changed from 900+ days to 300+ days after a while. I got my approval in the third week of June (approximately 100 days) after replying for an RFE .

Since the official processing time is 4/21/03 I think you have every right to know what happened to your application. Did you try to contact the INS?

Hi,

I still haven't contacted BCIS. I will do so this week and let everyone know the details. I am from an NSEERs country, so some delay is expected I guess.

On another topic, I check the online case status, and I got an RFE for my I485 (RD 12/18/01). I still don't know what it is, but will also provide updates. Hopefuly it's for proof of employment or Special Registration. These can be provided in a couple of minutes.

thanks all,
sadiq