• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS to CP

kathmandunp

Registered Users (C)
hi all,

My Case no. is AS 32xxx. By this increasing rate I think my no. will be current in July or August. I am in US right now. I have not sent any documents yet cause i am waiting for my no. to be current. My question is can I change AOS to CP and process from my country? Is this possible? If yes what do i need to do?

Thanks
Kathmandunp

Dai, Didi, whoever you are, I suggest you choose CP since AOS can always take a lot of time. There was a guy from Nepal who was current in October but still has not had his interview yet.

Regarding what to do, please post in the AOS thread. People there will help you out.
Good Luck. Maybe we'll see each other at the embassy.

hi all,

My Case no. is AS 32xxx. By this increasing rate I think my no. will be current in July or August. I am in US right now. I have not sent any documents yet cause i am waiting for my no. to be current. My question is can I change AOS to CP and process from my country? Is this possible? If yes what do i need to do?

Thanks
Kathmandunp

First of all you need to call KCC and tell them that you want to switch to CP. They will probably ask you to fax them the updated forms so that they can process you for CP at your home country embassy.

Remember, keep calling KCC and keep asking questions. Do not assume they did something until you have called them and confirmed. Keep calling.

I did it recently. They did not ask for any new form but just an email with all your information and the request. I think teh process took less than a month. I recommend you to do it sooner. Do you know if we need police certificate from US too?
Thanks

Police certificate from US is NOT required. In fact there is no such thing. This was clearly indicated in my second NL.

@ saharm24:

We are both in the 28k-ish Asia region. When do you expect our numbers to become current? June or July?

If 28K in June, my 32K will be in July.

I am thinking if my number will be current in July , I am gonna call KCC to change from AOS to CP. Hope there should be any problem ?

Keeping my fingers crossed :)

kathmandunp

i think there will be no problems. i called them last week to switch from AOS to CP and to change my address. they replied to me after only one day that my request done....

hello everyone,

I really need a suggestion from you guys. I am under F1 OPT (expires on 20th July) in US and lost my job last month. My case number is 31,9XX and it looks like it will be current on July. So how wise is to switch from AOS to CP after I see the advanced notification on June Visa bulletin. Should I go for CP or stick with the AOS. I am very very confused what should I do and also i don't know if time will be enough to swtich to CP after seeing visa bulliten of June next month. Also I learnt from this forum that there is a big chance on getting a visa with CP rather than AOS.

Thanks
kathmandunp