AOS interview - Approved!

kitaorang

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I'm sorry that I didn't write earlier. I was busy with my work and just came back from visiting my family abroad.

My AOS interview was held on November 19, 2003 at Baltimore Office. I am married to US citizen. I filed on May 27, 2003.

Our appointment was at 2.30pm. Since I already prepared my documents one month earlier, I decided to go to work in that morning and my husband picked me up in the afternoon. Before went to Baltimore, I took 2 ADIT pictures (which were not requested, but I just want to be safe).

As some of you guys know, my only concern was my hubby's tax returns for the last two years. But we managed to get HR Block copies (both years for $206.00). Its printed nicely and professionally.

It was rained heavily that day, but we managed to get there at 1.30pm. While were there, 4 couples and 2 families were waiting. One by one was calling, some together, some separate interviews. Few couples brought lawyers too.

We waited and waited, new couples came and go, but we still waiting. At last, at 2.00pm my name was called. He asked us to swear that everything are the truth. Then, he opened my file. I took out my passport, ID and my hubby's passport too. But he said he didn't need my husband's passport.

The first thing he asked was my hubby's latest tax return! I opened my tote bags, taking out one set of copies of everything for him and told him that I have the original if he wanted to verify. He was amazed and said how amazing I was to prepare such documents and wish that everybody do the same to make his job easier. Then he said, don't worry, give me only latest tax return and few documents with our names together. I pulled out the HR Block tax returns, he looked at it and said, my hubby met the eligibility to support me and put it in the file!!!! I was relief because he accepted that without asking any questions. Then I pulled our utilities, phone and car insurance (that have both of our names) and submitted those to him. He told me to keep other copies for my future use. Hmmm....such an anti-climax after all the preparation, but I have no complaint. I even brought an album with lots of pictures but he never asked.

He said my background check was complete and said "you guys approved today"..... both of us smiled. He took my fingerprint. He went outside for a while and came back and stamped my passport.

The questions that he asked were, how we are met, how long we know each other. Thats it.

We also noticed few couples came out with happy face. Some were not approved because lack of preparation. So guys, before your interview, please prepare and it doesn't hurt to over prepared coz' its worth it.

Good luck for those who are still waiting. The tips...PREPARE.

Last edited by a moderator: