• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS for those living in us

assaad

Registered Users (C)
hi every body
i have been notified recentely by the kcc, i actually leave in new york, i have read a lot of stuff in this forum and i have learned a lot thank you all for ur participation its such a help, i will briefly describe my case i am married my wife live in morocco and i have been here in usa for 4 years, i have done an MBA finished it got the opt worked for some companies applied for h1 was not lucky i was not selected in the lottery they made this year for the master degree holders unfortunately, well when i have received the notification letter i was so happy so i went and i consulted a well known lawyer and he explained to me that because i have a pretty high number, the posiblity that u can either go for adjustment of status or councilar processing are 50/50 but with adjustment of stauts my wife will lose the opprtunity for comming so i decided to go for coucilar processing. i was wondering if someone has a similar a case we can talk to each other and help each other so please feel free to contact either u have similar case or not i will probably know somthing that's gonna help u. thank u

hi every body
i have been notified recentely by the kcc, i actually leave in new york, i have read a lot of stuff in this forum and i have learned a lot thank you all for ur participation its such a help, i will briefly describe my case i am married my wife live in morocco and i have been here in usa for 4 years, i have done an MBA finished it got the opt worked for some companies applied for h1 was not lucky i was not selected in the lottery they made this year for the master degree holders unfortunately, well when i have received the notification letter i was so happy so i went and i consulted a well known lawyer and he explained to me that because i have a pretty high number, the posiblity that u can either go for adjustment of status or councilar processing are 50/50 but with adjustment of stauts my wife will lose the opprtunity for comming so i decided to go for coucilar processing. i was wondering if someone has a similar a case we can talk to each other and help each other so please feel free to contact either u have similar case or not i will probably know somthing that's gonna help u. thank u

Why would your wife can not come?
Didn't you mention her when you filled the DV lottery form?

All these immigrations attorneys know nothing about immigration laws. if you do AOS, u're wife will be able to get an immigrant visa but not until your AOS has been approved.

AOS for you then CP for your wife is extremely long process (her CP could start only when your AOS is completed). You will not be able to get all that by September 30th, especially if your number is high.
If she is not in USA, you'd better both do CP together. It looks like attorney recommended exactly that to you and you are doing right thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
according to the attorny my number is AF00035000 WHICH MEAN that it will be current in july or august 2009, adjustment of status takes more than three months so if i am lucky and my case was approved in such case the immigration has to notify the moroccan embasy about me having adjusted my status and my wife has to join me. well at that time its too late for here the DV2009 would have been expired and my wife has to wait 4 years to join me, bull shit i want risk that, i would rather go for councelar processing and come me and my wife together.

thats right every body has different case, and generaly the lottery is still lottery you can only consider yourself a winner when you get the visa on your hand.