• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Aos Dv_2006 Rfe

accountant

Registered Users (C)
I received today RFE for my daughter. USCIS request:
1 notice of action on form I 130
2 Affidafit of support

Do I have to submit I-130 or Affidafit of Support if I DV winner and my daughter already in the US?
Anyone recieved similar request?

I believe if your daughter is over 18 years old, she needs I-130, affidavit of support and other stuff. Also she had to maintain the Status in USA if she is here.

LucyMO said:
who won DV-2006? You or your daughter? if you, how old is your daughter?

I am the winner. My daughter is 5 years old. I talked to IO on Monday. She said I don't need to submit I-130, but I still need to submit I-864 Affidafit of Support. On CIS website's FAQ says DV winner have to submit I 134, not I 864.

Have questions about I 134:

1. Should I check on 1st part "d" if I'am the sponsor and my current status is pending AOS based on asylum?

2. On subject 3 should I also include my wife if she also does AOS based on my DV?

3. Subject 10 should I write my daughter and wife names there?

4. Do I need to submit separate I-134 for my wife if she works and makes enough money to support herself?

Confused accountant.

Last edited by a moderator:
since you are the winner, you would be the beneficiary of the I-134 affidavit. Somebody else will have to sign it and give you proof of income.

Are your wife and daughter doing CP or AOS? And what about you? I am assuming it's AOS for everyone. Was your daughter listed in YOUR AOS papers as a dependent? Your spouse and daughter cannot get adjusted if you don't adjust as a DV winner.

I don't understand what is going on, but it looks like somebody misunderstood your case and is treating it as a family immigration, hence, the request for I-130 notice of action and I-864. Call 1-800 number and get information on your case. If you get no info, demand to talk to the immigration officer. At first you get to talk to a customer rep, who are not that good at what they do. You will have to be on hold for another 40-50 minutes, but it's most of the time worth it.

LucyMO said:
since you are the winner, you would be the beneficiary of the I-134 affidavit. Somebody else will have to sign it and give you proof of income.

Are your wife and daughter doing CP or AOS? And what about you? I am assuming it's AOS for everyone. Was your daughter listed in YOUR AOS papers as a dependent? Your spouse and daughter cannot get adjusted if you don't adjust as a DV winner.

I don't understand what is going on, but it looks like somebody misunderstood your case and is treating it as a family immigration, hence, the request for I-130 notice of action and I-864. Call 1-800 number and get information on your case. If you get no info, demand to talk to the immigration officer. At first you get to talk to a customer rep, who are not that good at what they do. You will have to be on hold for another 40-50 minutes, but it's most of the time worth it.

We all do AOS because we are already in the US. My daughter listed in my AOS as dependent. Current status pending AOS based on asylum. I decide to do AOS as DV winner at the same time because of the long asylum based AOS waiting time. I already spoke to IO in 1-800 number. She advised me to write letter explaining that I'm not required to file I-130 but submit Affidafit of Support (didn't mentioned which one.) Do I need to submit it for my daughter, or bring it to interview with IO? I think we need only one I-134 for family. I work in the US and have enough income and assets to support my family and myself. Do I still need someone to sign in for me or my family?

Thank you.

You need someone to sign it for you. You need I-134, and you should be able to bring it to the interview, but to be on the safe side - send one as an RFE with the letter for your daughter.

I send letter to USCIS where I explained my daughter's current immigration status and attached my employment letter with salary paid as well as copies of other immigration paperwork that may be useful to clear this misunderstanding. I hope that will be enough for USCIS to resume this issue.

I really appreciate your help with this and other immigration problems, even after you got your GC!! :)

Udachi po polucheniu grajdanstva!!!

I believe that affidavit should be signed by Citizen or green card holder. So net, zena nemozet razpisatsa!
Udachy :)

not everyone has somebody in US . it can be also someone from your home country who can give you affidavit of support.point is to prove that you can survive before you get a job in US.