• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS Approved Milwaukee

BarbaraLamb

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
although my process isn't over yet until I receive my GC and my husband too, I am celebrating since after months of agony today my online status changed to:

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On August 25, 2006, a welcome notice was mailed for this case. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 during business hours.

As you can see from my timeline below I was interviewed with my husband on 25 April. They didn't adjudicate us first because they had misplaced my husband's file, and secondly 'cause his security check was, and still is, pending. Somehow they'd decided that I should wait too! So in mid-July I started asking for a separate adjudication, this way at least one of us would get the Card. Since May we had communications with the local Senator's and Congresswoman's office (trying to resolve the security check issue), plus we visited our local CIS office far too many times. And I wrote tons of letters. Mid-August we learnt that our files were flagged due to the DV deadline (at last some attention), and that they'd requested from the FBI an expedite on the security check (finally!!). Last week we went on an Infopass and it was hard work to get them to understand I'd been waiting for an adjudication for no reason. Feeling frustrated we returned home. The next day they issued the Welcome notice online and wrote my husband a letter promising to speed up his check.

I'll write of my full experience in a few days.

Thanks to all the help received on this forum and from the much missed Eskimo board too (I'm sure some of you are around).

It's not over yet but I'm almost there!

Barbara

CONGRATULATIONS, Barbara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You made it. Hopefully, your husband will, too... very soon... :)

Congratulations! It's heartening to hear of your success after all the pain and frustration you've experienced this year. You deserve a break from the stress and anxiety. I'm also waiting for the actual plastic card, but the welcoming letter is pretty much a done deal. The actual letter will say welcome to the US with permanent resident status, etc. and is much more reassuring than the online case status. Good luck and best wishes that your husband's case comes to a quick and happy conclusion.

Congratulations Barbara !!! :) I've been following your story since from the Eskimo board. I'm really very glad for you...

Thank you all!!!

Today we found a Welcome notice online for my husband as well!!!!!!!!!!!

Out to celebrate!

Barbara

Congratulations

congratulations Barbara
This is spiicy (you helped me with some question some days back). You and your husband being married couples makes your case a little similar to mine. Do you mine sharing your interview experience with me? the email address is rachelnicol@yahoo.co.uk.
Thanks and all the best.