• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

AOS application deadline

masematn

Registered Users (C)
There were many discussions about how early one can send the application - on the 1st of October, or when the number becomes current. How about the opposite question: what is the latest possible date to send the documents? In theory it is the last day of September, '09, I know :) But I am more interested in practice. I am still expecting some paperwork from my home country, and the number becomes current this coming October. How long can I wait, and what are the cons?

I would not count on later than June 2009.
Are you still considering no supporting documents from Ukraine?

supporting documents from Ukraine?
The big problem is that Ukrainian bureaus of vital records, aka zagsi :) keep records for 25 years. I am older, so my records went to the archives, where - guess what? - there was a big flood couple years back, so everything is destroyed. What I will have for the Russian court though, is notarized evidence from several Ukrainian citizens, confirming the fact of my birth in Ukraine.

The main concern is always about how SOON you can file the paperwork. If the bulletin says your number will be current in Nov 1st, then you can file your app anytime between Nov 1st until Oct 30th.

Of course, common sense takes place....the sooner the greater your chance to get the paperwork processed...

Can you get that explanation in writing?
Russian ZAGS has received an official statement from Ukrainian authorities, and I have a copy of this letter. Next step is Russian court. I posted more details on the other forum, the main part of it is that there was a special Instruction about using a place of registration as a place of birth. Now even if I lose it in court, I have enough evidence for the interview...