Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

I let my lawyer go, no more lawyer. He messed up on my father's case, he wouldn't get back to my other family members and he had no care for me. I do have all my applications with me since the first day I came here. In my binder I have all of my previous FPs, notices, etc ...

I hear you Cregan .. I have not told my lawyer yet .. I can not wait to see the look on her face when I give her a copy of my WOM ..should be fun for sure.. They really do not do much for us..

Just an update

Guys as you know my case was approved per the letter from Boston-CIS on Jan 07 and they got my fingerprint on a paper+ 2 photos for I-89. Well, its been almost a month and no card. I checked online status and it still shows LUD on April, 2007!! And I got 3rd EAD from TSC last week and the approval date showed Jan 22, 2009!!!!!

Need I worry?

watertown, make an Infopass. Have you tried to call USCIS to speak with a 2nd Lv IO?

Lazycis, I received a copy of the motion for extension. they have noted my interview date as 2/09/09 not 2/04/09. Will this matter?

Good Luck

watertown, make an Infopass. Have you tried to call USCIS to speak with a 2nd Lv IO?

Lazycis, I received a copy of the motion for extension. they have noted my interview date as 2/09/09 not 2/04/09. Will this matter?

Good luck Cregan ... best of wishes ..:)

Need advice

I sent the intention to file WOM and uscis indicated that they will send me tha 2nd FP. So far no LUDs. Should i go ahead and file wom or wait for one more week? i do not believe uscis anymore. i think they lost my file!

need docs

hi, can some one point sameples for "motion for default judgement" and "motion to oppose dismissal"? My WOM is based on I-485 Employment based and want to be ready with these docs.
BTW yesterday received mail from my US District court that my case is in CM/ECF.
Any help would be much appreciable.

Hi,

I am the user just registered. I am going to file WOM since my I-485 has been pending in Chicago local office for more than 4-years. My question is that: What are the names for those defendants: Who is the Secretary of Department of Homland Security? What is the name for U.S.Citizenship and immigration Severce? who is the Federal Bureau of Investigation?

What kind of reason are they givinig you for the delay. You already had your interview or not.
My case has pending at the Washington office for a few years.

What kind of reason are they givinig you for the delay. You already had your interview or not.
My case has pending at the Washington office for a few years.

Yes. We had our interview on Dec. 22,2005. At that time we were told everything is O.K except FBI name check. Last year, I heard about the memo, I was so happy since we would be no more stocked by FBI name check. We went to Infopass, the office lady told ue it seema no reason to be still pending. She told us to write a letter to Chicago local office(because no phone number can be called to). Meantime, We contacted congresswoman's office in our district. It seemed worked. They asked us to provided additional evidance in July 2008. that was my daughter's HIV test result(since at time we file I-485 in 2005, my daughter is not more than 14 years old, and it needed not HIV test that time). We submitted the test result at the end of July, then wait another 3 months. In october, I send a letter to the office who seems deal with our cases, and got a letter said they need to request some infomation and would need 30 days in response, and said we can follow up or go infopass after 90 days. We wait for another 90 days, no response. I wrote a letter to Chicago field office on Jan 15,2009, and got the exactly same letter I received on last October. So I decided to file WOM now. I have my compliant ready now, still working on some details. try to file WOM by the end of Febrary.

Went to the interview. The parking was full. Almost an hour passed after I gave my IL, so I asked them if they had me scheduled today. Shortly after, my husband and I were called for the appointment. The IO was professional. I was impressed :)

Ok ... he explained why I had trouble with all my applications after my F1 & OPT Visas. He said the person who filled out my H1B, GC and N400 did a mistake on all of those applications. He said my name was wrong. The system was confused with my middle name and maiden name not matching with social security. We had to do a name change. Even though I had reviewed my applications, I had relied on the lawyer I had paid top money to. Yep, the lawyer no longer has any of our family members as clients and no referrals. We were impressed on the professionalism the IO had.

He asked a few questions. Our governor is now Jan Brewer so that was the answer I gave him. he looked at me ... so I told him it was Janet before ... he went into more questions :) as to what deparment she is now assigned to :) he smiled when I gave him the answer ... DHS.

I passed! He told me that he will work on a short time for my OL and I should have my OL in 2 wks. He said it should not be longer than that ;)

My advice: if you are applying based on marriage, keep your name or your wife's name with the maiden name until you have the N400 interview, at the interview change your name if you want too.

BTW, they had my file. The file is thick, so it was not a temp file. That goofy call, they had my file :)

Thank you, Thank you so much to everyone on this forum

I'm sticking around :) this forum and will let you know when I get OD

Congrats!!

he explained why I had trouble with all my applications after my F1 & OPT Visas. He said the person who filled out my H1B, GC and N400 did a mistake on all of those applications. He said my name was wrong. The system was confused with my middle name and maiden name not matching with social security. We had to do a name change. Even though I had reviewed my applications, I had relied on the lawyer I had paid top money to. Yep, the lawyer no longer has any of our family members as clients and no referrals.

Cregan, so happy for you! You should be done soon. Looks like CIS messed up your name(s), couldn't figure out which file matches your N400, and has decided to do nothing indefinitely, as their regular processing policy goes. That explains last minute interview cancellation yesterday. But your WOM (with AUSA) kicked in, and magically they figured out everything in a split second! Oh miracle!

WOM rocks! :D

Cregan,

Thats sweet. Very happy for you :D. Your patience and persistence paid off.

I haven't filed WOM yet. Went to an Infopass yesterday and was told that my case is still awaiting Interview schedule and it is with officer "Ralph". It has been with him for 8 months now since the FBI NC has been completed!!

947 days as of today.

Congratulations

Cregan,

CONGRATULATIONS :))))

WE ARE HAPPY FOR YOU.

The credit goes to Lazycis, Jefkorn and many others in this forum for helping all of us.

Best wishes and good luck to all those in the process,

Vital

Big congrats

Went to the interview. The parking was full. Almost an hour passed after I gave my IL, so I asked them if they had me scheduled today. Shortly after, my husband and I were called for the appointment. The IO was professional. I was impressed :)

Ok ... he explained why I had trouble with all my applications after my F1 & OPT Visas. He said the person who filled out my H1B, GC and N400 did a mistake on all of those applications. He said my name was wrong. The system was confused with my middle name and maiden name not matching with social security. We had to do a name change. Even though I had reviewed my applications, I had relied on the lawyer I had paid top money to. Yep, the lawyer no longer has any of our family members as clients and no referrals. We were impressed on the professionalism the IO had.

He asked a few questions. Our governor is now Jan Brewer so that was the answer I gave him. he looked at me ... so I told him it was Janet before ... he went into more questions :) as to what deparment she is now assigned to :) he smiled when I gave him the answer ... DHS.

I passed! He told me that he will work on a short time for my OL and I should have my OL in 2 wks. He said it should not be longer than that ;)

My advice: if you are applying based on marriage, keep your name or your wife's name with the maiden name until you have the N400 interview, at the interview change your name if you want too.

BTW, they had my file. The file is thick, so it was not a temp file. That goofy call, they had my file :)

Thank you, Thank you so much to everyone on this forum

I'm sticking around :) this forum and will let you know when I get OD

Cregan ... You made it :D My best wishes for you and hope you will get your oath letter as promised :). I am really happy for you ... I hope my interview will go as smooth as yours ..keep me in your thoughts and prayers ... once again BIG Congrats

Great news guys . I just called the AUSA office and they told my interview is actually scheduled for March 17 not April 17. He also agreed to file an extension until everything is done . I am going for an Infopass appointment today to confirm my interview date... Thank you guys very much ...