Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

Got a call from Cincinnati INS

HI,

I was amazed yesterday i got a call from Cincinnati INS at work which i could not pick up as i was in meeting. The message which she left me is that My background check is done and my I 485 is approved yesterday July 24th....She even said i will get my green card in mail in weeks or sometimes it takes months too.... I files my WOM on July 7th 2006.:) and havent filed service of return yet as i was waiting for all the return recipts to come.

Normally how much time does it takes to get the GC ???? I am so relieved today...i am pretty sure they moved their a$$ becoz of my case......

Haddy said:
OH NO... my us atty assigned to my case is very rigid... basically I was looking at his old cases he had taken they are of habes corpus cases... he likes to just go on and on in the case... which I am not afraid of... the only thing is that unless AUSA understands that this name check fight is no win situation he/she never moves and never tries to work things out between USCIS/FBI... after talking to him I beleive that he is very lazy about networking... meaning he would prefer just to work towards filing his responses than contacting his friends in USCIS/DHS/FBI to take care of the namecheck process... like someone just sd earlier... some lawyers have calculated every thing... i think that the AUSA in my case is just useless... he has nothing calculated... but anyways... WIMGC, I am really happy for you and CONGRATULATIONS...

Haddy,

Do not worry too much about it. One thing is denifitely in your favor is that District Court usually will not let the case dismissed without discovery. Government does not like discovery because they don't want to disclose how they adjudicate cases. Therefore, AUSA keeps asking for extensions. If they think your case should be dismissed, they should ask for trial ASAP instead of asking 30 days, another 30 days...

My cousin is an attorney and he thinks I should file WOM on my own because "the court is going to look at you with more sympathy because they all know that no one is willing to sue the government unless the unfairness is grave. believe me, AUSA knows that." He can always be my back-up counsel, in case.

Gr33nCard said:
HI,

I was amazed yesterday i got a call from Cincinnati INS at work which i could not pick up as i was in meeting. The message which she left me is that My background check is done and my I 485 is approved yesterday July 24th....She even said i will get my green card in mail in weeks or sometimes it takes months too.... I files my WOM on July 7th 2006.:) and havent filed service of return yet as i was waiting for all the return recipts to come.
Congratulations! :) You are so lucky! ;)

Urgent Help Needed!

I am looking for cases where the applicant sued USCIS for a naturalization application delay, or greencard delay, not because of a delayed FBI name check but because he had an IBIS hit instead. Does anyone have such cases?

I need to find a delayed naturalization or delayed greencard case, because of an IBIS hit where the government argued that the number of years they were taking was reasonable due to an IBIS hit.

If you have such case, would you private message me the name of the cases and the state they were filed in, please? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeta said:
I received William L Hooton's letter(assistant director of FBI records management division. My name check was finalized. My name check was pending since Feb., 2005. I knew from this forum that somebody got their name check clear after assistance of white house. Two months ago, I wrote to Mrs George Bush about my FBI name check's issue. One month later, I received a printed card from Misty Marshall, Director of Corresponence of First Lady office. They forwarded my request to FBI. As said in the card, half month later, I actually received the FBI's letter, my name check was finalized and forwarded USCIS on July 13. It's a huge relaxation.
This forum is very very usefrul. We share our information, help each other.
Congratulations,Jeta! Could you please tell me when did you send the letter to Mrs.Bush? I sent to Mr.Bush on June 16 and delieved at June 21. I do not know if it will be same sent to Mrs. Bush as Mr. Bush? Thanks!

Wom Vs 1447b

congratulations, i had one question though, why did you file WOM instead of 1447 b? i know that in atlanta my friend had to wait more than 3 years for his i 485 and he's got his 10 yrs GC directly, i heard that Atlanta DO really sucks.
THE REASON was that the court clerk told me the fees to file wom was $5 and the fees for 1447b was$250.00 so i filed wom , later they relized they made a mistake and i had to pay the difference.my background check was pending since october 2004. thanks__________________

sue them

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there!

I am stuck in name check since november,2002.
I sucessfull interview was taken in march, 2004....Anybody know any solution for this mass...
sue them,wom or 1447b either one will work

fightback said:
Congratulations,Jeta! Could you please tell me when did you send the letter to Mrs.Bush? I sent to Mr.Bush on June 16 and delieved at June 21. I do not know if it will be same sent to Mrs. Bush as Mr. Bush? Thanks!

I sent my letter to Mrs Bush on May 26. I think it's probably same that you sent Mr Bush, but it will be processed at different office. Did you receive acknowledgement of your letter from the president's office? If not, try to send another copy to Mrs Bush.

In most part of my FBI letter, the assistant director of FBI explained why the NNCP is different from FOIP. Just two sentences for my name check, but it's critical. I think you write to White House, if you have FOIPA, may help you to process your name check in FBI.

Good luck.

Jeta said:
I sent my letter to Mrs Bush on May 26. I think it's probably same that you sent Mr Bush, but it will be processed at different office. Did you receive acknowledgement of your letter from the president's office? If not, try to send another copy to Mrs Bush.
Good luck.
Jeta, thank you very much for your reply. I have not got any from president's office. Would you please post or PM me the Mrs. Bush's address?
I have a FOPIA, but I think I probably did not attach it to president's letter. This time I will attach it to first lady's letter. Thank you very much for your suggestion!

fightback said:
Jeta, thank you very much for your reply. I have not got any from president's office. Would you please post or PM me the Mrs. Bush's address?
I have a FOPIA, but I think I probably did not attach it to president's letter. This time I will attach it to first lady's letter. Thank you very much for your suggestion!

The address is same, just White House, Attn: Mrs Bush, First Lady.

Jeta said:

In most part of my FBI letter, the assistant director of FBI explained why the NNCP is different from FOIP. Just two sentences for my name check, but it's critical. I think you write to White House, if you have FOIPA, may help you to process your name check in FBI.

Good luck.

Thanks for the valuable information, Jeta.

I recived the same letter last week from Mrs.Bush, but nothing yet from the FBI. please see this thread.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=219697

do you think i'm in the right track, and somthing will happen soon regarding my background security check clearance?

Regards,

Moody

moody22 said:
Thanks for the valuable information, Jeta.

I recived the same letter last week from Mrs.Bush, but nothing yet from the FBI. please see this thread.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=219697

do you think i'm in the right track, and somthing will happen soon regarding my background security check clearance?

Regards,

Moody

Hi, Moody,

I read your thread. I don't remember exact which day I received the printed card from Mrs Bush's office, but it's about 2-3 weeks later, I received the FBI letter in which they already finalized my name check and forward to USCIS. I think you probably need wait a couple of weeks for the FBI letter since you just receive the First Lady's letter in last week. That means the first lady office just forwarded your letter to FBI last week. Hope you will receive the FBI name check clearance letter soon.

Reply from the White House

Jeta said:
Hi, Moody,

I read your thread. I don't remember exact which day I received the printed card from Mrs Bush's office, but it's about 2-3 weeks later, I received the FBI letter in which they already finalized my name check and forward to USCIS. I think you probably need wait a couple of weeks for the FBI letter since you just receive the First Lady's letter in last week. That means the first lady office just forwarded your letter to FBI last week. Hope you will receive the FBI name check clearance letter soon.

Last week I also got the same reply (card) from the White House. It has the standard printed material that related agency will contact you. Wrote to Mrs. Bust on June 2nd. Let's see if I get anything from FBI. Meanwhile I got a call from my Congressman's office on July 6th that they are contacting FBI for the status and it would take 6 weeks for FBI to reply them. Keeping my fingers crossed. Meanwhile getting my papers ready to file lawsuit (pro se)after Aug 15th.

Jeta said:
Hi, Moody,

Jeta,

Thanks for the replay,

actually the printed card i get was from the same person wrote to yo"Milasa Marshal".

But as you read in my thread, the card only said they shared my info. with the agenct staff in the W.H. that have jurisdiction over my case, and they will be in contact with me directll.

Is this was the same format you recived from her, because she didn't promise me with clearing my name.

so i'm just afraid if the FBI will send me a letter saying that the name check is diffrent from the FOIPA you get, and you have to wait till we finish yours.

Regards,

Moody

moody22 said:
Jeta,

Thanks for the replay,

actually the printed card i get was from the same person wrote to yo"Milasa Marshal".

But as you read in my thread, the card only said they shared my info. with the agenct staff in the W.H. that have jurisdiction over my case, and they will be in contact with me directll.

Is this was the same format you recived from her, because she didn't promise me with clearing my name.

so i'm just afraid if the FBI will send me a letter saying that the name check is diffrent from the FOIPA you get, and you have to wait till we finish yours.

Regards,

Moody

moody22 said:
Jeta,

Thanks for the replay,

Regards,

Moody

Hi, Moody,

The card I received from the First Lady's office is exact same as yours. The office can't order the FBI to immediately process name check, only give the soft influence to FBI. If you receive a letter from FBI, will be a good letter. I don't think would be a letter like they reply to Congressman or Senate's inquire.

Jeta said:
Hi, Moody,

The card I received from the First Lady's office is exact same as yours. The office can't order the FBI to immediately process name check, only give the soft influence to FBI. If you receive a letter from FBI, will be a good letter. I don't think would be a letter like they reply to Congressman or Senate's inquire.

Dear Jeta,

Thanks for the time you took to answer my concern.

What are you planing to do now. Go to the CIS with FBI LETTER to ask for schadeuling interview!!

Regards,

Moody

I remembered somewhere in this thread mentioned that. Even you have the letter from FBI stated that your name check cleared and the result sent back to USCIS, your N-400 application still could be pending due to USCIS does not receive that information from FBI directly. I am sorry and not going to depress you guys. I sent the letters to White House too. But, I don't receive any response from either White House or FBI. However, even though not useful, I still hope I can receive the letter saying my name check has been cleared. At least, something moves forward. So far, I only received response saying "Your name check is still pending ... attached FACT SHEET" from Senator, Congressman, and USCIS. I am so tired on sending any letter to anyone. I want to save my energy on filing 1447(b) next month. Good luck to all of us.

moody22 said:
Dear Jeta,

Thanks for the time you took to answer my concern.

What are you planing to do now. Go to the CIS with FBI LETTER to ask for schadeuling interview!!

Regards,

Moody