Anyone with a lawsuit against USCIS or thinking about a lawsuit (Merged)

fightback said:
buggin, sorry to bother you again. Why michael chertoff and Emilio Gonzales has same street but different zip code? Please check it out. Thanks a lot.

Michael Chertoff, Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security
Office of the General Counsel
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
20 Massachusetts Ave, NW, Suite 4025, 4th Floor
Washington, DC 20528

Emilio T. Gonzalez, Director of USCIS
Washington, DC 90258
It should be 20528 for both. The address is the same because you should send it to the office of the general counsel. General Counsel is usually the head attorney for the agency/organization. Since this is a legal paper, we just send it to the legal department. Sorry for the confusion.

fightback said:
buggin,
Thank you very much for your reply. I did miss filling the summon because of misunderstanding of the process until I saw your posting. It makes me wondering what is going on with me. So I called clerk today and he told me I need to fill out and bring in and they stamp them. I can get the form either from internet or court. I went to the court and get 6 copies(going to send to 6 ppls). Thank you and tsa3400 for the addresses. I hope I can mail it out tomorrow because the clerk said I need wait for judge's decision. Anyway, I really appreciate your detailed information otherwise I do not know how long I will be waiting. :eek:
Thanks again!
Fightback, that is why we are here - to help each other and to make sure we do everything correctly. The judicial system can be very confusing, so many rules. Don't feel bad about it just ask questions. The good news is that as soon as you send the summons and complaint to the US Attorney, your case will start moving. Good luck!

havefun said:
Is US Attorney General Mr. Alberto R. Gonzales be one of the defendents? I am not so sure. I think he is the boss of all local US Attorneys. Can someone please clarify?
Havefun, you do have to include Alberto Gonzales as one of your defendants. This is according to Federal Rules of Civil Procedure: He is always named as a defendant when you sue the US government (which we all here do).

tsa3400 said:
Yup but I see eveyone has their own issues that amount to the same as mine, so keep that light on and fight fight fight not physically but mentally. And everyone reading this post try to get a bird to poop on your shoulder before going to USCIS offices. It worked for me. Also get evidence some way or the other that your FBI name check is done and file that as an exhibit and take it to USCIS and prove it to them that their system needs to be updated. And like Suzy97 write a letter to Laura Bush about your case and Ombudsman. For Laura Bush attach the letter I gave and the FBI Name Check Clearance and for Ombudsman attach as much as you can with the Case you filed Exhibits so that they can fuck USCIS up royally. Ombudsman is not part of USCIS at all and people have had great success
thanks
i probably wil pass on the bird poop, but i will certainly keep fighting, the only time i will give up is when i pack my bags leaving the country, but y till the last moment i will fight, for the reason that brought me here, freedom, and fairness to everyine, i know some of these stuff is very complicated, and it wont be solved in one day day,but we shouldnt put up with it.
i oassed the wting staeg, i have wrote to everyone you named here, including three letter to the ombudsman, one replied as asked me for singed realse, so i sent him that, then he sent me another one saying that am not me, and am asking for some one else info, so i just gave up on him, beside the USCIS should come up with somehting in the next 3 week to say to the court, exrention, or some other bull shit, whatever it is am ready to face it.
but at same time we are happy for you , and every one else, and which each and every one of you the best of luck.

buggin,
I made mistake again. I did not include Alberto as one of the defendant but I am going to mail him a complaint and summon. Is it ok for me to do it now or what should I do to change it? Thank you buggin very much for your help!

fightback said:
buggin,
The adderss for:
Washington, DC 90258

Zip code should be 20258 right?
If it's ok without the street info, because the address tsa3400 gave earlier do not have street info? Thanks.

That is what I used, and I got my return receipt already,

Washington, DC 20259

Wish you and me the best and everyone here …

Ps,
Go to www.usps.gov =? Find zip code to check

Last edited by a moderator:
For fightback and buggin

fightback said:
buggin,
I made mistake again. I did not include Alberto as one of the defendant but I am going to mail him a complaint and summon. Is it ok for me to do it now or what should I do to change it? Thank you buggin very much for your help!

I did not list Alberto as one of the defendents, but I did send him a copy of everything. I read the pro se handbook, it says if the defendant(s) is United States/its officers, you should send the GA a copy. The explanation is the General Att. is the boss of FBI etc.

I think as long as the local US att. has received your petition and started working on it, you will be fine.

:) When I was typing I got a call from US Att. office. I was told my name check has been cleared, and they will fax me the paper work for dismissing the case! I got to go home now.

Will give more details about my case tonight, promise!

Good luck to everybody who is fighting!

buggin said:
Washington, DC 90258

Zip code 90258 looks not correct for DC. It should be 20529 for 20 Massachusetts Ave, NW, Room 4025, Washington, DC, if you check the zip code of this address from usps.com.

havefun said:
Is US Attorney General Mr. Alberto R. Gonzales be one of the defendents? I am not so sure. I think he is the boss of all local US Attorneys. Can someone please clarify?

Defendant Alberto R. Gonzales is the United States Attorney General and this action is brought against him in his official capacities. Defendant has the authority to administer the oath of allegiance.

mohamedmohamed said:
thanks
i probably wil pass on the bird poop....

Come one MohamedX2 you don't know what you're talking about; This is the best and fastest way to see your case solved...look at tsa...he was just a poop away from becoming directly USC, without needing a GC anymore :D

I bet now he's sleeping under the three in the back yard hoping and having nice dreams...
:D :D :D

That is right Suzy97, you are funny as hell. I swore that I will get this shit resolved before June 6th as I cannot spend time worring when I'm watching FIFA 2006. So I got it done. Incase anyone is wondering about how I got stuff done. Call the DA non-stop, call the Congressmen non-stop, go to the District USCIS office atleast 2 times a month. Get friendly with them, let them know you. Someone will take notice and try to help. They know their systems are screwed up. It is you who should point that out to them and let them know, you are watching them handling your case. And try to set a conf call with the Judge. Write to Laura Bush, do whatever you can to get the ball rolling. And you will succeed. Also I got a letter from the DA asking to dismiss and here is the format he sent. I told him to put without prejudice and lets see what he does.

STIPULATION OF DISMISSAL
The parties in the above-captioned matter hereby stipulate
to dismissal with prejudice of the plaintiff’s complaint as the
plaintiff’s application for adjustment of status has been
approved.
Respectfully submitted
by the parties,
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Cover Sheet

Buggin,

In Civil Cover Sheet of Northern CA District Court, which box do you check under V. NATURE OF SUIT? Do you check 440 Other Civil Rights? There is no item for Immigration.

Thanks,
syt

Summons

Buggin,

Also, in Summons the box for defendants' name is too small to fill 5 defendants' in. Do you only put name of defendants in that box? Do we need to put their title?

In the box for PLAINTIFF'S ATTORNEY, you put your own name and address or just leave it empty.

Thanks,
syt

syt said:
Buggin,

In Civil Cover Sheet of Northern CA District Court, which box do you check under V. NATURE OF SUIT? Do you check 440 Other Civil Rights? There is no item for Immigration.

Thanks,
syt

890 Other Statutory Actions

good luck

the white house website?

i was looking at the white house website, there is an interactive page, where people suppose to ask questions, and one of the president cabinet memebrs reply to it, i couldnt help to send the following question, i know it may not get any answer , but i felt like i have to ask, may be some one will pay enough attention, and make a betetr effort to get these under control.
this was what i wrote:
it is good to have a national debate going about a serious problem such as the "illegal immigration" because of how magnificent this issue impacted the national economical, social , and security of the nation, how ever there is another problem,a one that impact hundereds of thousands of "legal" immigrants, who have their permeneent residency and naturalization processe blocked for years and years, whith no fault of their own, these people are law abeying, taxes paying, and community conributing individuals and families, who have found themselfbarred from receiving these benefits,for long times, and no one have any predictionon how long these blockages will continue, isn't some like worth some attention too?

mohamedmohamed said:
i was looking at the white house website, there is an interactive page, where people suppose to ask questions, and one of the president cabinet memebrs reply to it, i couldnt help to send the following question, i know it may not get any answer , but i felt like i have to ask, may be some one will pay enough attention, and make a betetr effort to get these under control.
this was what i wrote:
it is good to have a national debate going about a serious problem such as the "illegal immigration" because of how magnificent this issue impacted the national economical, social , and security of the nation, how ever there is another problem,a one that impact hundereds of thousands of "legal" immigrants, who have their permeneent residency and naturalization processe blocked for years and years, whith no fault of their own, these people are law abeying, taxes paying, and community conributing individuals and families, who have found themselfbarred from receiving these benefits,for long times, and no one have any predictionon how long these blockages will continue, isn't some like worth some attention too?

Good try Mohamed, please keep us posted with any answer, IF THER'E ANY.

syt said:
Buggin,

Thanks,
syt
You need to check 890 - Other Statutory Actions.

Congratulations Femme and Tsa3400

It is good to see that after filing the results are almost consistent and in 2-3 months majority of the folks see results. Congratulations to recent winners: Femme and Tsa3400!

Best Regards

syt said:
Buggin,

Also, in Summons the box for defendants' name is too small to fill 5 defendants' in. Do you only put name of defendants in that box? Do we need to put their title?

I just listed their names. The box is too small and you can't fit the titles in there as well.

In the box for PLAINTIFF'S ATTORNEY, you put your own name and address or just leave it empty.

I put my name "XXXXXX, Pro Se" and my address.

Thanks,
syt