• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

anyone who applied through Chicago?

majanikol

Registered Users (C)
application sitting in Chicago P.O. Box for 15 days

Hello everyone,
March 1 I was just wondering if there is anyone who sent his/ger I-485 application to Chicago P.O. Box? If there is, please let me know for how long you have been waiting before you heard from them (I guess with the date for fingerprints)? My number is 16XXX and I sent out my I-485 and all other papers on Febryary 16.

March 4 In the meantime I found out that my application is still sitting in Chicago P.O. Box. (15 days now). I found it out at the Post Office for I went there to see why I haven't received signed receipt that I paid for. Does it sound weird or you think it could be normal procedure.
Thanks a lot!
Maya

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I sent my application on Feb. 21 to the address for private carriers (USCIS, attn: FBASI, 427 S. LaSalle - 3rd Floor) by UPS but have not received a receipt notice yet. I am worried, because according to UPS tracking the application was handed to a guard. Well, let's hope we get the receipt notice soon.

Hi, I guess we shouldn't worry since I went to the local INS and they told me that it might even take 4 weeks before I get their notice. Did you send a check? I did, so I'll know that thing are moving once I see that they took the money. So far, they didn't. Tomorrow, it will be 3 weeks since I sent my application. I'll be patient for one more week and then I guess I'll start to freak out! Just joking, but I don't think we should worry. Anyway, I'll let you know if I get something in another week.
Best,
Maya