Anyone travelled with passport stamp and no GC----

plasticcard

Registered Users (C)
Anyone travelled with passport stamp without the real card, please post here...

I have to go home on March 25...

1) If I need a transit visa, how many days will it take?
2) What are the supporting documents to be sent?
They talk abt original H1, AP, GC etc...
What should we sent? Hust the passport and the approval letter?

Last edited by a moderator:
My I-485 was approved on 02/13/2004 and I already have the Actual Plastic Card in hand now. I am surprised that you havent received your card as yet.
The documents that you require for Transit Visa depends on which country you are going thru.
Please post the country you will be in transit. As far as I see from other posts, UK seems to be the main problem, but other countries seem to be ok with just the Stamp. Transit Visa's were typically a same day affair, I had to get one from the French Consulate in Atlanta and they were very helpful, got it in a couple of hours, but now a days, it is taking between a week to 2 weeks for the whole process depending on the Consulate. If you are in a city where you have the relevant Consulate, then you are better off, since you can submit in person and then pick it up after a couple of days.

Thanks rg585,

My wife's card is mailed yesterday (from online message), but no news abt my card. I'm the primary applicant...

We are planning to go thru London, Dubai, Cochin...

Does Dubai also need a transit visa? I live in Maryland and New york is the nearest UK consulate

I dont know about Dubai. But I think you will also get your Card at the same time. The status for some reason does not change at the same time. You can check your status tomorrow and it will probably be changed to Mailed also. They are going thru this pretty fast now a days. Good Luck ...

Contact them at and find out what you need to do:

Embassy of the United Arab Emirates,
3522 International Court, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20037, telephone (202) 243-2400.
email: visas@uaeembassy-usa.org
WWW: http://www.uae-embassy.org/

Updated Info:

Transit Visa

If you are flying to or from Europe or the United States, to Asia or Africa and passing through UAE airports, you can obtain a special 96-hour transit visa. You must be sponsored by an airline operating in the UAE and you must have a valid ticket for your onward flight. Your travel documents will be stamped with an entry seal and there is no charge for this visa

Thank you very much rg585..

BTW, my message still says "Approved on Feb 9, 2004....."
Not changed to "card ordered" yet

plasticard .. give it a couple of days ...

usually, it takes 3-4 days for the card to come.

Cards seem to come very fast these days. Guess, due to lack of 485 approvals, the people who make these cards have some time on their hands!!!!

First time cards seem to come quickly, but the several people I know of who have had to renew cards have all ended up waiting nearly a year for them.

rg585,

Myself and family are having approved AP. We are planning to visit India this summer by Delta Airlines via Paris. Visas on our passport are expired. Based on your experience with the french consulate in Atlanta, I would like to know if we need transit visa. If yes, what are the documents required to be submitted? Would appreciate your response.
Thanks,
mahesh

I was in the same situation, going to Pakistan through london. Didn't have an issue going from US, but Dubai people are crazy in implementing the rule. They didn't let me board the plane and rerouted me through Paris/Newark/Houston. Was glad that I was travelling alone. It would have been a nightmare with the family. The main issue here is that the UK consulate over here might send your passport back without stamping suggesting that you don't need the visa. But Dubai folks are not going to listen. You have a couple of options:
1) Get a regular tourist visa for a year for london. Bypass all the ifs and whats
2) Do not go via london. Going through Paris is not an issue.
The above scenario is in case you don't have the plastic card, just a stamp.

mahesh_hosur

Mahesh,
I was in the same position as you when I traveled last April to India on Delta Airlines via Paris. I had the Advance parole and we do not need a Transit Visa, but my problem was that the Delta Agent was totally IGNORANT of what an Advance Parole was, so she did not let me board the flight and I could not go to another agent since she was the only one handling Business Class that day. So, I had to miss my flight, go the next day to French Consulate, and the moment they saw the Advance parole, they told me that I did not need a Transit visa, but I told them that Delta did not let me board the previous day, so they obliged and gave me a Transit Visa for 45 days since I needed it on the way back as well. Better take the trouble to get a Transit visa rather than having a DUMB Delta Agent mess up your plans. In Paris, they never even looked at my Advance parole, all they did was check my onward Flight Boarding card and passport.
All you need to do is take your Passport, Advance parole Document and flight reservations and pay the necessary fees. You should probably get it back in a couple of days.

1-713-974-1175. Try that. I used them couple of years back and they got me a great deal. Don't know if they are still in business, but they were good, so try them for a quote.

To avoid the if's and maybe's I am flying on Cathay Pacific via HONK KONG & BANGKOK.

I am travelling on my temp I551 Stamp.

Does anyone know if transit visas are required for these 2 Airports ??