Anyone received Assessment letter from Buffalo recently?

Danny Pu

Registered Users (C)
I just received my AOR and the letter says the next letter will be within 30 wks. I hope it won\'t take that long. Thank you for your input

Applied at Buffalo on April 10, 2001

Recieved assesment letter on Oct 15, 2001 and was asked to get police certificate.

one question please...

Hi Friends...

I have recieved AOR on Oct 23rd. Does this mean that they have accessed my documents and I am above 60 or 70 points? Please advice. I got a document with the file # and saying that i would be hearing from them in next 30 weeks.

Regards
Lenin

Hi , can you please tell me the dates u sent ur application, got file number and the assessment lett

Thank you

police certificate?

Hi,
Did you send in your police certificate with the
original application or is this the first police
certificate you are sending for your application?

Sequence of events for my case

April 15 2001,
Sent appl forms to Buffalo.
Jun 20 2001,
Recieved letter stating that consl. is in reciept of the applications.
Oct 15 2001,
Recieved letter stating that initial assesment has been done and I need to provide the police certificate. It was also mentioned that at this point they dont see a need for the interview, but they also said that they could change their mind at a later date and they could call me for the same.

I sent everything like birth certificate, work experience, degree certs, etc the very first time on Apr.
I left out the police certificate since I did not know the procedure for getting one.

I feel AOR is not the same as assesment. In my case I recieved the AOR in Jun but the assesment came in OCT. So the 30 week rule is met in this case. Moreover I think 30 week is a conservative amount, it could turn out to be less depending on the case.
Hope, this answers some of the questions.

No Title

Hello Folks,

I have decided to apply for Canadian PR status.
I need to know what are the various stages in the process and
how much time it takes for final approval. I have 6 years of IT -software experience in MNC\'s and currently in USA. As per the points system i am getting more that 70 and do i have a fair chance for approval as now many computer /software engineers are applying from USA due to the economy slowdown and subsequently job cuts.

Any advise is welcome and also wants to know about the jobs mainly
in IT field in Canada.

Thanks

Best of luck for the folks waiting for there PR status.

PJ

Thanks for the info. We sent our application on 31st March,..

recieved the AOR on 16th june. We have been waiting to recieve the assesment papers, which I guess should have come by now since its past 30 weeks.

Hi gkp, I have a question..

Do you think a person can take the interview and medical in Canada if the person is in Canada on visitor\'s visa

Interview I am not sure, but medical should not be a problem. But,

remember that medical (I think) has 1 year validity period. I am not yet at the medical stage so not 100% certain of the validity duration.

Buffalo time line

Applied : 10 May
Recd AOR: 25 July
Catogory: Independent

No News since then.
AOR said 8 weeks for next step,but it seems it was a mistake.
Each time i call they are increasing the wait period to recieve
Assesment.

No Title

did u apply without the police certificates initially ? could you please let me know. I want to apply first as the FBI and my UK clearence might take more than 4 weeks so can us let me know how u did.

thanks much
rt

AOR = Acknowledgment Of Receipt, not Assessment

The AOR is an Acknowledgment Of Receipt from the Immigration Dept that tells you that they have received your application and opened a file for you. It does not mean that they have assessed your file or that everything in your application is OK. They will take about 30 weeks for that.