• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Anyone previously did AOS when current date is July or later

Mine was current in August and I waited until August to send my AOS package. Now I am so worried that I might not have enough time.
It does actually stretch a few months if you look for people's timeline in the forum.
I also found out that most people submit their AOS around 1.5 month earlier than Current date. And it seems to be working perfect.

You can submit your paperwork when you see your number in advance notification, which means 1.5 months ahead. For example if you look on July bulletin which is posted in June you will see numbers which will become current in July and also advance notification for August, therefore if your number becomes current in August you can send your AOS package around mid June.

Towards the end of the fiscal year they process the DV cases faster. Of course, how long it takes is still going to vary from office to office.

@Apatay, to put your mind at ease (although you should have sent the file much earlier), mitondaw in DV-2010 submitted her AOS application at the beginning of August and got two interviews in the middle of September. Two interviews because her spouse was living in a different state. So they went across the country for the two interviews. Overall her timeline was very short: http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?297575-DV-2010-AOS-Only&p=2226816#post2226816

Thanks to Concerned_ for the info. I wish I could have known it earlier. Does it mentioned anywhere on USCIS web site. Hopefully people in 2012 will see your post and submit earlier.

You can submit your paperwork when you see your number in advance notification, which means 1.5 months ahead. For example if you look on July bulletin which is posted in June you will see numbers which will become current in July and also advance notification for August, therefore if your number becomes current in August you can send your AOS package around mid June.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks baobab for the encouragement. Hopefully it goes quick in my case. I have been in US for 10 years and 1 week, still waiting for GC.
Does anyone know how to do Walk in Bio? Does it mean you just drop in at the field office without waiting for appointment letter? Thanks.

Towards the end of the fiscal year they process the DV cases faster. Of course, how long it takes is still going to vary from office to office.

@Apatay, to put your mind at ease (although you should have sent the file much earlier), mitondaw in DV-2010 submitted her AOS application at the beginning of August and got two interviews in the middle of September. Two interviews because her spouse was living in a different state. So they went across the country for the two interviews. Overall her timeline was very short: