Anyone in 2006 club???

Ernorman

My wife has just applied for her I-485 few days back....she is a derivative asylee

Filed for my I-485 this month got a RD of Jan 2006. It says that it would 300-600 days how reliable is that.

That is what it says on my receipt. Probably we just have to forget it for a while and suddenly someday it will fall into our mailboxes. I used to feel funny that someone says "Good luck" for I-485 processing, because it looks like a lottery thing. Now I feel that it really is--your stuff can sleep in the huge bin and never gets processed for years.

Hi guys... My wife's I485 ND is Jan 17 and first RFI (medicals etc) date is Jan 19...Case in TSC.... I couldn't beleive it could be that fast.... for me it took almost five years to receive this mail.

I am applying in April . Is anything going on with 2006 ND's right now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone,

I was granted asylum in February 2003, and applied for green card in february 2006. I know am late in applying but atleast i applied now...... :)

I got my RD last weekend, that says that it can take 570 to 600 days, as I read in these forums i understand that this doesnt mean anything but still I started counting days already so October 10th 2007 will be my 600 days not that far hmmmm like uscis website says it will go upto 2015 to get greencard.......

Best of luck to everyone, and lets keep this 2006 club active so we all 2006 applicants atleast know whats going on with our cases.............

hey guys

I'm an 06 applicant as well.
I have the receipt and nothing more.
If Singh's wife got RFI though...things are moving fast.

Keep the htread alive.

Is anything going on with 2006 ND's? Please do not open hundreds of new topics just post updates on your cases in this topic.
I am applying in 3 weeks. My attorney said that he is going to include my Medical with the original application... I am not sure if it's a good idea, but if things gonna start moving fast I can save some time.

eddie_240 said:
Filed for my I-485 this month got a RD of Jan 2006. It says that it would 300-600 days how reliable is that.

I know the number of days don't mean much, but at least it says 300-600. I applied in dec 2005, and mine says 560-600 days, and people before me something like 800-999 days. So the fact that the number of days had decreased for ND 2006 is a good sign (maybe CIS is feeling more confident that they will get it done sooner than later)!

Anyway, as I said before, I applied dec 2005 (my ND is Dec 1, 2005), but I found out recently that I am considered ND 2006 since the gov. fiscal year starts in Oct. Actually my Application number starts with LIN06, so I guess I am really ND 2006!

Good luck to all of us!

just an update on my wife's I-485 (RD/ND 2006)..... After submitting her RFI during last month .... she has received her Bio Code 3 now....

Hi everyone,

My wife and I were approved for asylum on 03/2003, because of the cap I did not apply for the green card right away, but on 02/06 that we found out it was removed we applied right away.

I am very encouraged by the fact that our first steps on this process were completed relatively quick, as within one month from our application date we have gone through the RFI and CIS has received them. I hope our BIO appointments are scheduled very soon. :)

wow

I am in the same boat with some of you guys. my asylum got approved april 12 2005 so i am actually due to adjust to AOS in april but does anyone here have all of the procedures on what to do. I mean i dont want to use a lawyer like my other family members did.. I just think they cost too much of money..'

shefe said:
I am in the same boat with some of you guys. my asylum got approved april 12 2005 so i am actually due to adjust to AOS in april but does anyone here have all of the procedures on what to do. I mean i dont want to use a lawyer like my other family members did.. I just think they cost too much of money..'
You don't need a lwayer. It's actually very easy! You can just download the applications from the USCIS website. It will tell you everything you need to do. Good luck!

shefe said:
Go to this link: click here and read the instructions for asylees. There you can also click on the links to download the forms and find the address on where to file. You do not need a lawyer for this, really. If you have any questions regarding some questions on the forms like if you are confused about the nature of a question, you can ask here, but unless there is something tricky about your case, a lawyer is really not needed. You can absolutely save money by applying yourself, as most of us did....And no, I do not know a cheap lawyer in NYC, which is why I prepared and sent my I-485 application myself. So like I said unless your case is problematic, I suggest you do the filing yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
My ND is 2006 Jan 17, and I was approved on March 7, and I received the physical card March 15.