Anyone here get fbi name check cleared by contacting local fbi agent?

dss8053

Registered Users (C)
Escipally in Florida area? I 'm in orlando, but I could not find the local orlando fbi's office number yet.

yes

My employer did that exact thing for me. Ask your employer to do that. Do not try to speak with them yourself

did employer inquiry work

slt,

Did your employer contact the local FBI office? How long did it take for your name check to clear after that?

lasthead
I485 ND: Oct 2002
FP1: July 2003
FP2: March 2005
I485 AD: ???? Pending name check... :mad:

lasthead said:
slt,

Did your employer contact the local FBI office? How long did it take for your name check to clear after that?

lasthead
I485 ND: Oct 2002
FP1: July 2003
FP2: March 2005
I485 AD: ???? Pending name check... :mad:

Yes, he did contact local office and was transferred to FBI NNCP after several iterations. I tried to do that myself but was unsuccessful. My case involved certain paperwork in the overseas FBI field office. It took around 2 monts to clear after that. Good luck.

To slt:
Could you provide more details ...
(What letter , to whom , etc ... )

( PM or gabriel_sala собака яху.ком )
Spasibo

slt: please help us

slt:

my name check has lasted about one and half year and still not finished. Could you please share your detailed information with us? Did your employer call the local FBI or write a letter? Which office did your employer call or what kind of letter did your employer write? Your information will be very valuable for many of us. Thank you very much!!

slt said:
Yes, he did contact local office and was transferred to FBI NNCP after several iterations. I tried to do that myself but was unsuccessful. My case involved certain paperwork in the overseas FBI field office. It took around 2 monts to clear after that. Good luck.

SLT,

All of us are from other countries. Does this mean all of our NC should go through overseas FBI field office? Or did you have some specific reason that triggered your case being checked by overseas FBI office?

potter said:
SLT,

All of us are from other countries. Does this mean all of our NC should go through overseas FBI field office? Or did you have some specific reason that triggered your case being checked by overseas FBI office?

No, it doesn't HAVE to be that way. But it could. For the reasons known to FBI, they did have unknown to me piece of paper in the overseas office. There may be specific reasons for that, which I don't know.

Actually they have central database, which indexes all the paperwork they have. Some paperwork is available electronically some not. If your name has IDENT (meaning it is exactly you), they will have to check this unique piece of paper which triggered IDENT. In my case it was located in the overseas FBI office. It is not an investigation really.

The biggest problem one may face is when there is IDENT involving piece of paper and this piece of paper is lost or destroyed. In that case this becomes a real problem.

I don't think you should worry about it unless your namecheck is pending for too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
slt said:
No, it doesn't HAVE to be that way. But it could. For the reasons known to FBI, they did have unknown to me piece of paper in the overseas office. There may be specific reasons for that, which I don't know.

Actually they have central database, which indexes all the paperwork they have. Some paperwork is available electronically some not. If your name has IDENT (meaning it is exactly you), they will have to check this unique piece of paper which triggered IDENT. In my case it was located in the overseas FBI office. It is not an investigation really.

The biggest problem one may face is when there is IDENT involving piece of paper and this piece of paper is lost or destroyed. In that case this becomes a real problem.

I don't think you should worry about it unless your namecheck is pending for too long.

How do I know if my name check is pending?

Thats the most important part before we start this name check journey. Any suggestion?

Thanks

The interesting thing is how you know your name check has not been completed. Since the FBI never tells you about it, how did you know it?

Request Expedite Processing

Request (or have your sponsor to request) expedite processing. If your NC is pending USCIS will tell you that this is the reason why your expedite request is denied.

Find expedite request form on the www.uscis.gov website and fax it to them.

immiq said:
Expedite processing what, I-485, name check or what else?

Ask for expedited I-485. In the best case they will expedite in the worst case you will know what is holding your case

no response

I requested expedite of I-485, but never got response from USCIS. This way didn't work.

Do not do it yourself

Do not attempt to do it yourself unless you are behind processing time.

Have your sponsor do it (Government sponsor will be perfect) and attach a sheet with a clear explanation WHY does it have to be expedited. At least you will get reply.

Take care.

My lawyer did it for me, since the processing date is one year later than my application date. I have no government sponsor.

If it is the CIS that told you the delay is due to the name check, then you need to request the CIS to make the inquiry to the FBI because the FBI got the NC request from the CIS.