Anyone got oath letter lately?

emc1234

Registered Users (C)
Anyone got oath letter lately (after 12/1/02)? There is a delay due to second security checkup. Some oath ceremony was even descheduled. How long will this delay take? Please tell us what you know. Thx

how about interview letter?

If oath letter has not been issued since early Dec, how about interview letter? Anyone receive interview letter or has interview since early Dec?

Hello,
I had an interview on 12/12/02.
I'm also waiting for the letter for an oath ceremony.

Thanks.

I have recently received the interview letter for March 26th.

Please state did you apply from.

Normally how long does it take for oath after the interview

N400 application timeline

Receipt Date: Mid May 2002

Priority Date: Same as receipt date

Finger Printing: Mid Aug 2002

Interview Date: Last week of March 2003

Oath: No clue.

I hope it helps..............

Thanks.

NY timeline

NY timeline
FYI my timeline: NY

PD: Sept. 5, 2002
FP: Oct, 17, 2002
Interview notice date: Nov. 5, 2002
Interview: Dec. 12.2002

oath??

Jennie

Jennie

4 months for the interview! Amazing It took me 13 months for the interview, and 10 months and still waiting for the oath since the interview . new orleans Louisiana seems to take for ever for the Oath.

Citizenship time frame

Local Office: Baltimore
PD: 26th April 2002
FP: 27th August 2002
Interview: 12th December 2002

Waiting for Oath

Any information on timeframe between interview and oath is greatly appreciated.
Regards

oath ceremony New York

I was originally scheduled for an oath ceremony on 12/13/02.
Received notification that that ceremony was cancelled.
I read about additional security checks relating to this in the New York Times.
My new oath ceremony date is 1/10/03. (Hope they dont cancel this one).
If not - I am done & thank all who contribute to these postings.:)

JNM

hi, jnm, when did you recieve your new oath letter? thx.

I waited and waited. How long will it take for second security check? Anyone got it recently?

Finally!!!

Hello all,

I have been waiting for my oath ceremony since my interview on Dec. 12, 2002 due to a second background check.

This morning, I finally got an oath ceremony notice letter.
I will have it on Feb. 21, 2003 (Date issued on the letter; Dec. 30.02).

FYI, I put my timeline below.

I hope you guys get a notice sooner or later.

Thanks.

NY timeline
PD: Sept. 5, 2002
FP: Oct, 17, 2002
Interview notice date: Nov. 5, 2002
Interview: Dec. 12.2002
Oath: Feb. 23, 2003

p. s. BTW, I filed my N-400 90 days before my 5 yrs residence anniversary (I arrived at the State on Nov. 29, 1997).
There was no question regarding the filing time.

Jennie:)

Last edited by a moderator:
five months for the whole process I think you are the most luckiest one as far as getting the oath at such a short time.congratulations

Congrats, Jennie! You are indeed the luckiest one of all, go buy a lottery ticket while you are on a roll :)
For those of us who've been descheduled and still waiting: I have not received a new oath letter yet, but got this note from my lawyer on 1/9/03:
"I-485 and N-400 processing Delays - As you know there has been a hold on the final adjudication of these cases due to FBI clearance procedures since November. INS reported that as of yesterday they are now able to adjudicate cases at the interview. They also estimate that they will be able to get to all pending cases by the end of February (and anticipate less than 1% of them will have any problems). They will be processing the Naturalization approvals first."
That's from the Seattle DO. Looks like things are finally starting to move here, keeping my fingers crossed. Been waiting for my oath for almost two years now, and REALLY hope the end is in sight.
Good luck to all
SV

Two years wait time for the oath! Thats a lot . Would you please give the whole time line please.