Anyone file PERM today?

Perm Needs?

I have a few questions someone may help me with

1) Can I leave my existing BRC application intact and file for a new PERM LC?
I can file with a new title if needed and different work experience reqs as 3.5 years have passed since my LC was filed and lot has changed.

2) If the answer is NO to the above question, I will prefer to transfer my current application to PERM (thus preserving PD), has DOL clearly defined how this will work? Will trying to convert my exisiting LC into PERM (i.e filing new identical LC and withdrawing the old one) result in slower PERM processing compared to a new case.

3) How long is a PERM case taking to process?

Thanks in advance
ZB

wildscenebob said:
cabal - if you did not get the sponsorship email, and got rejected almost immediately it probably means that the software system rejected you (not an officer/clerk). When you put in the application, the computer used must be within your corporate network (because the software identifies it by IP/domain). Also, the email used should be a company email. All kinds of ways they have of checking stuff.

Did you get the rejection almost immediately?
Also, what's your title?
and your education requirements?

Let us know..

The HR says that they did not get any sponsorship email from DOL. The application was made by the attorney hired by the company. The email address used were the corporate email id for my HR and the attorney's company, not their private email id. I do not know when the petition got rejected. Title Engineer/Scientist III, req. Ms+0 yrs.

job advertisement

How long does it take to finish the job advertisement process for a professionl profession??

I have a master's degree with 4 years expereince?

Thanks in advance

Bidhan,
Now I understand what's he/she trying to infer. Basically, in LC, you mention your job title/responsibilities and what you think are the min. requirements. To qualify for EB2, the min. requirements are higher (MS + 0 or BS + 5). DOL has problem with "inflating" min. requirements for a job so such applications are getting higher scrutiny to see if min. requirement is indeed justified.
Most folks are reluctant to push it to EB2-level requirements because it draws this attention.
BTW, technically, this is independent of PERM. Even in previous system, if you file LC with higher requirements than deemed necessary, you could get NOF or RFE to justify. Computer processing of PERM just may be making it easier to catch (also apparently some glitch in software matrix for PERM).

Cabal,
You mentioned job zone 5, that means more than(not 4) 4 yrs of experience, but your MS+0 is just 4 yrs, which is job zone 4, that could be a reason for your denial.
(If i understand the rules correctly)

Folks correct me if i am wrong,

min. 2 months+

cheng16e said:
How long does it take to finish the job advertisement process for a professionl profession??

Thanks in advance

I haven't filed.

dsugandhi said:
Hi mummiezed,

Have you already filled PERM application?
If yes, can you please let us know, what is your PERM application status at present?

Thanks,

I'll file on one of the next few days. MS+1yr=EB2.
the paralegal of my attorney wants me to withdraw my RIR case with the identical title, utilizing mostly the same set of journal/newspaper/web ads. But I persuaded my attorney to keep the RIR.
Therefore, I don't fear my PERM likely being denied.

To perm believer, irinastaicu

hi,
I think for us physicians we have to state that other requirements needed ( like board eligible/certified and also the need for state license ) and this probably triggered audit. If the statement that DOL has suspended everything for a while is true, sure we won't be able to do concurrent filing of 485, 140 as retrogression would have come by then.
Anybody got audit review letter from DOL?
thanks,
Jay2005

Last edited by a moderator:
Compiler, I agree with you.

compiler said:
Is your case EB2? If it is denied, it will be other than PW problem because the level 2 was determined by the SWA.
My point is: if PERM is a conspiracy, it has to let somebody pass while denying most applicants.

I don't assume to be superior to other professionals. But I know all people with my set of skills are gainfully employed, or employing other people gainfully. My recruitment campaign was able to receive a single digit of applicants after tonnes of ads. Even so, I feel DOL has a million reasons to deny my case. So far, the best reason for an applicant to pass PERM has been luck.

Jesus and budda bless you guys :rolleyes:

proof please....

My company's lawyer said today that "Software Engineer" falls under EB-2 category. We all know for a fact that this is a false statement. Can anyone please send me the URL which gives the list of jobs that fall under EB-2 and EB-3?

Thanks!

My lawyer mentioned about this 1 month suspension as well. They got this info from AILA...

I am still @ Audit Review...

Job Title

cabal said:
The HR says that they did not get any sponsorship email from DOL. The application was made by the attorney hired by the company. The email address used were the corporate email id for my HR and the attorney's company, not their private email id. I do not know when the petition got rejected. Title Engineer/Scientist III, req. Ms+0 yrs.

Cabal,

What is your job title/ONet code? Go to http://online.onetcenter.org, see the job requirements etc and compare with yours. It might help you to understand denial.

Change lawyer

rocky_cool said:
My company's lawyer said today that "Software Engineer" falls under EB-2 category. We all know for a fact that this is a false statement. Can anyone please send me the URL which gives the list of jobs that fall under EB-2 and EB-3?

Thanks!

Rock_cool,

If your company lawyer say's "Software Engineer" falls under EB-2, means s/he does not have enough knowledge about PERM filing. If possible, change to new lawyer otherwise even if you file with him it will not bring any result.

Ready to file

Guys please help me out...

Mine is MS+1 or BS+5 and EB2 trying apply for labor throu PERM, but lawyer is saying from last one week PERM online is not accepting anybodies application. Is this true?

I have a regular EB2 applied on March 28 2005, My lawyer says we will withdraw regular case and apply for PERM without using the priority date of the regular labor. Since locating Match 28 labor for PERM system is difficult.

Given current scenario (Retrogression on the way) how good or bad is to trying to retain priority date with a gain of 3 month v/s PERM with new priority date.

cheng16e said:

Thanks in advance

Cheng16e,

I beleive you belong to computer software related job title.

Advertisment:
Must requirements:
1. Minimum 10 business day job posting at the job location must be done before 30 days of filing
2. Job order posting for 30 days must be done before 30 days of filing
3. 2 NP ads must be done before 30 days of filing

Additional steps (At most one of the step can be done with in 30 days of filing) (There are 10 options to choose but generally people choose following)
1. 30 days job posting on companies website
2. Internet ad for 7 days (Job search website other then employers web site)
3. an employee referral program, if it includes identifiable incentives

audit review

jay2005 said:
hi,
I think for us physicians we have to state that other requirements needed ( like board eligible/certified and also the need for state license ) and this probably triggered audit. If the statement that DOL has suspended everything for a while is true, sure we won't be able to do concurrent filing of 485, 140 as retrogression would have come by then.
Anybody got audit review letter from DOL?
thanks,
Jay2005
I still hope that audit review does not mean real audit, but only a review done by an officer. I have disscussed a lot with my attorney about this, and his opinion is that a real audit would be unlikelly for a physician position. But, he says what he thinks is logical and in good faith....which may not be the truth. Regarding EB2 retrogression, we may still be in time, since the whole PERM with or without audit can not last months...would be absurd...
Let us stay in touch in regards to any news from our lawyers. We may find out more about the meaning of audit review from the AILA conference at Salt Lake.

dsugandhi said:
Rock_cool,

If your company lawyer say's "Software Engineer" falls under EB-2, means s/he does not have enough knowledge about PERM filing. If possible, change to new lawyer otherwise even if you file with him it will not bring any result.

Thanks for replying dsu...the problem is that my employer is not agreeing to file with another lawyer...please let me know where can i find the official information stating that "Software Engineer" falls under EB-3..

thanks...

rocky_cool said:
Thanks for replying dsu...the problem is that my employer is not agreeing to file with another lawyer...please let me know where can i find the official information stating that "Software Engineer" falls under EB-3..

thanks...

Please see my original posting which I reattach here

Go to http://ows.doleta.gov/foreign/perm.asp

Check the link to "PERM Regulations" . Look at page 77377 and then at page 77381 (Appendix A) . Also, on the DOL link above, check out the ONet job descriptions.

Good luck - we all need it!

Requirement

Hi, Guys,

Help to understand requirements for Job. According to my job summary on O*NET one should have knowledge on computer software. But in reality I can't ask for any specific software rquirment related to job. Now if I do I have to put that requirement in H14 in the form including years of experience and everything. And if I put anything in H14 would be counted as special requirement.

***Anything in H14 is special requirement???

Please correct me if I am wrong

- Thanks