Anyone been approved in Garden City, NY, recently?

Guys, any clue on what sec 245 A#........ initials/DAO means? This officer wrote it in my passport during the interview. I've been waiting for a year since the interview already... Any help is appreciated.

it must be security check reason.

DAO-District Adjudication Officer

Hey!

Thanks for your reply. It is weird because the officer said that everything was clear during the interview. Although I-130 was still pending during that time. Then he requested a merge of I-130 and 485, I 130 was approved like 2 weeks after the interview, and has been 11 month since then. I scheduled an infopass at federal plaza, although my case is at garden city. i just want to double check that the security checks are through... do you think they at least have access to that info at fed plaza?

it must be security check reason.

DAO-District Adjudication Officer

Hey!

Thanks for your reply. It is weird because the officer said that everything was clear during the interview. Although I-130 was still pending during that time. Then he requested a merge of I-130 and 485, I 130 was approved like 2 weeks after the interview, and has been 11 month since then. I scheduled an infopass at federal plaza, although my case is at garden city. i just want to double check that the security checks are through... do you think they at least have access to that info at fed plaza?

you could call USICS and ask for an officer. if you are lucky and connected to an officer, who will access everything. pelase let me knwo whay you find out, because i have the same thing 245A i-485 pending on my passport and the name check is clear.

you could call USICS and ask for an officer. if you are lucky and connected to an officer, who will access everything. pelase let me knwo whay you find out, because i have the same thing 245A i-485 pending on my passport and the name check is clear.

Did you interview at garden city as well? I got through to an IO at garden city who interviewed me once... he didn't want to tell me anything neither discuss this over the phone. he said i should submit a written inquiry. my last chance is the supervisor of section 245... the guy who picked up the phone there today doesn't transfer to supervisors...but there is another one who does...i just have to keep trying. Does your case also need to be merged? I have a feeling my case is just sitting in GC somewhere and the officer has no clue that I-130 and all the checks have been approved more than a year ago. how did you find out that your name checks were cleared?

Hey!

by the way, what did you give you after your interview. that paper should explain what was the reason that i-485 is pending. my IO said i should wait for two months at most and by then if they haven't fixed my problem, he will approve it anyway. i am waitng for one more month.

by the way, what did you give you after your interview. that paper should explain what was the reason that i-485 is pending. my IO said i should wait for two months at most and by then if they haven't fixed my problem, he will approve it anyway. i am waitng for one more month.

He did not give me anything... He just said that my I-130 is still pending and that is going to approve my case once the 130 is approved.

Did you interview at garden city as well? I got through to an IO at garden city who interviewed me once... he didn't want to tell me anything neither discuss this over the phone. he said i should submit a written inquiry. my last chance is the supervisor of section 245... the guy who picked up the phone there today doesn't transfer to supervisors...but there is another one who does...i just have to keep trying. Does your case also need to be merged? I have a feeling my case is just sitting in GC somewhere and the officer has no clue that I-130 and all the checks have been approved more than a year ago. how did you find out that your name checks were cleared?

My case is a little different from yours. My name check is done and clear, but they changed my A number somehow on I-485 and 130 after that. They need to do something (I was told it is complicated) to fix that. The IO gave me a paper siad the I-485 pending because of security check. i asked him and he said the name check is celar, but on the old A number. Then i asked him if he is going to resubmit a new name cheek and he answered no.
I called USCIS customer service and was lucky to speak to an officer who told me that he can see the name check is clear on my old number. He said it looks like the IO put security reason on my i-485, but there is no new name check submitted on my new A number. He does not understand why either and guess that the IO is doing some manual name check.

Anyway i was told by the IO to wait until 4/14 and write to him if nothing is heard before that. He said by then he can approve it any way

My case is a little different from yours. My name check is done and clear, but they changed my A number somehow on I-485 and 130 after that. They need to do something (I was told it is complicated) to fix that. The IO gave me a paper siad the I-485 pending because of security check. i asked him and he said the name check is celar, but on the old A number. Then i asked him if he is going to resubmit a new name cheek and he answered no.
I called USCIS customer service and was lucky to speak to an officer who told me that he can see the name check is clear on my old number. He said it looks like the IO put security reason on my i-485, but there is no new name check submitted on my new A number. He does not understand why either and guess that the IO is doing some manual name check.

Anyway i was told by the IO to wait until 4/14 and write to him if nothing is heard before that. He said by then he can approve it any way

Wow, they really have a tendency to screw simple things up... I spoke to an IO at USCIS a few months ago and he said that my security checks were cleared in september. He also claimed that he doesn't understand why this is taking so long since the checks are thorough. So he put in a service order with notes that security checks are clear, but that service order never went through. Later when i called customer service, the rep said he doesn't see this service order, and the confirmation number i had was worthless...

They have multiple databases and if IO has given you a service order Number you need to get transfered to another IO and talk to them. The customer service reps do not have any info and they see what you see online.
Best is to send in the service request from on your own through registered mail with all supporting details. Download one @ www.uscis.gov in the forms section. It's free to file.

They have multiple databases and if IO has given you a service order Number you need to get transfered to another IO and talk to them. The customer service reps do not have any info and they see what you see online.
Best is to send in the service request from on your own through registered mail with all supporting details. Download one @ www.uscis.gov in the forms section. It's free to file.

hi bunnybugs,
thanks for a great advice. i never even noticed that form there. it is the G-14 that you are talking about, right? do you think it is better to send it to the chicago lockbox facility(this is where i had initially filed my case), or send it to the office that interviewed me?

Thanks

You can send it to any service center that you feel could have to do with ur case. It's not going to harm you. and expect a response in 60 to 90 days but then you will have a written response.

You can send it to any service center that you feel could have to do with ur case. It's not going to harm you. and expect a response in 60 to 90 days but then you will have a written response.

I guess I am going to mail it to several different places..can't hurt.. i did get quite a few responses from service orders that i had put in through customer service. those letters were worthless, as if a human being never touched them and a machine just printed them out. once said go to infopass, which i already did. the other one said we cant provide any more information to you at this time. your case is still pending. if you have any more questions,go to infopass... this cracks me up :) i am also waiting on some status through the congressman's office

The file they have requested from Nebraska has nothing to do with name check , my previous employer filed an I-140 petition ( which is an immigrant visa petition for employment based GC , same as I-130 which is for family based cases) they have to combine this file with my file at garden city and then proceed with the approval
Hi Franticsky-

Wondering if they asked you for a copy of the I-140 at the interview or wanted a copy out of USCIS files at NE?

Thanks.

Hi guys, just wanted to share some of my excitement with you. Today i got a letter in the mail welcoming me to the United States as a permanent resident. I wanted to thank those of you answering my questions, and wish everyone much needed luck in their immigration process.

Hi guys, just wanted to share some of my excitement with you. Today i got a letter in the mail welcoming me to the United States as a permanent resident. I wanted to thank those of you answering my questions, and wish everyone much needed luck in their immigration process.

congratualtions. I received a letter from my interview officer that my 485 will be approved on/after 4/14th yesterday. i guess i have to be patient and wait for a few weeks.

congratualtions. I received a letter from my interview officer that my 485 will be approved on/after 4/14th yesterday. i guess i have to be patient and wait for a few weeks.

Thank you! Hey, at least you that the officer is on top of it.
Now I have two years of fun until I have to apply for removal of the conditional residency, and a year after that for citizenship. phew...