Anyone Applied for Re-entry permit in JULY GOT ANYTHING BACK

asylum cases are decided very slow. i know few who applied recently and they are getting decision after 4 to 6 months or 2 years later from asylum office.

Got the RP today after i contacted the congressman office to expedited the RP. Today, when i opened the mail i found it and it looks different than the last one and it is valid for 2 years

Note: It took 2 months to get it

I finally got mine today.
I had applied for my RP last July and received the document 7 months later.

Got the RP today after i contacted the congressman office to expedited the RP. Today, when i opened the mail i found it and it looks different than the last one and it is valid for 2 years

Note: It took 2 months to get it

abandonedGreenC, how did you contact your congressman, and what reason did you provide, if you don't mind my asking? Was it by way of a letter, or did you call the office? I'm abroad and I really need the RP, for which the receipt date is August 8. Thanks.

I have mailed his office the copies of my kids birth certificates and a letter indicated that i need to travel to overseas for an emergency. Before that, i faxed the NSC the same information. 3 weeks after i contaced his office i got the RP in the mail in a little envlope.

Last edited by a moderator:
The process of getting a RP is ridiculous

I just got my rentry permit and it was issued on May 13th 2008

I'm wondering why people put so much money on RP while they can use their NP. People applying for a document that is only valid for two years, pay a lot of money and get it after more than a year. That's ridiculous! If I have to applied for this document, it will be only if I didn't have any other choice.

I'm wondering why people put so much money on RP while they can use their NP. People applying for a document that is only valid for two years, pay a lot of money and get it after more than a year. That's ridiculous! If I have to applied for this document, it will be only if I didn't have any other choice.

Not every asylee is comfortable using their NP. Different circumstances call for different measures.

I personally prefer using NP but i said too myself If i dont get the RP by July 08, i will just use my NP. Now there is a slight problem with the RP, my country of origin is misspelled, do call Nebraska center and talk to them have them reissue another one? what does TR means under Type/Categorie

I personally prefer using NP but i said too myself If i dont get the RP by July 08, i will just use my NP. Now there is a slight problem with the RP, my country of origin is misspelled, do call Nebraska center and talk to them have them reissue another one? what does TR means under Type/Categorie

TR is TEMPORARY I think. And, I doubt the misspelling of a country name would cause too many problems.