Anybody has letter/email sample to senator?

getit

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Guys,

The details of my case is as follows:
RD 12/23/2002
ND 12/27/2002
FP1 2/5/2003
FP2 8/19/2004
LUD 8/30/2004
NO EAD/AP (using H1B)

Can I contact senator now for help? I saw some people did with RD in DEC 2002. What reason should I use to contact senator? do you have a sample letter or email?

I appreciate it!

let's try throuh senator everybody whoever is before or equal to 2002

so that they will wake up,

I will appreciate if everybody start trying.

wake up NSC....

As I remember, NSC had a memo in mid this year that they would put all 2002 cases on deck without sequenece and have all 2002 cases done at the end of this year(or last fiscal year?). The condition the cases have been cleared with name check and FP.

Anybody still keeps this memo? We have to fight by contacting senators RIGHT NOW!!

Although my RD is 03/03, I tried contacting the senators in Michigan. I wrote a standard letter describing how agonizing this process is and how it has brought my professional and academic career to a stand-still. I also mentioned the random fashion in which NSC has been approving cases.They responded with a form that I filled out authorizing them to access my info. However the results were expected. They said they contacted NSC and got me the answer that NSC is processing May 31 2002 cases and unless my date is prior to that they could not do anything about it. So that wasn't of much help. Maybe if more people conatct the senators they may do something about NSC. Good luck. They did tell me that NSC is seriously transfering a lot of cases to CSC to reduce the backlog.

Honestly, I never believed that Senator's office could help. All they can do is an inquiry for you. There's only few things that can hold up your case. Most common is the FBI Name Check, where nothing can be done, or at least I haven't seen anything here. Then I believe is the FP, usually expired FP1 which holds up the case until FP2 is completed - the Senator's office can tell you when to expect the FP notice.

Again, from what I've seen here, and experienced myself, they can't expedite the case just for no reason, especially when it's current. If your case is cleared all security checks and FPs but it got put in a pile waiting for it's turn, here Senator office can kind of remind them that your case has a RD of earlier than the current processing dates. Then the standard reply is, "your case will be assigned to an immigration officer within 60 days, but this doesn't guarantee an approval".

That's about it.

My case is way behind, and they still can't do anything about. I've talked to Senator/Congressman over 15 times all together, and unfortunately they just have no power to do anything, but provide you with some information on the status. I don't know if I needed all the details, especially if I can't do anything.

From what I've seen/learned here, the Senator's office works with a CIS staff designated to provide info to gov. entities. This staff, doesn't deal with adjudication of cases, but only provides status. I'm not sure if this staff actually deals with IOs, I think they maybe only have access to the internal file so they can observe the progress. I believe the LUD doesn't change when this staff looks at your file, or at least I haven't heard/read of any instances. This to me is a proof that they can't really do anything about your case, whether the Senator's office insist or not. At the end, the Senator's office will not jeopardize their relationship just because of your case. Once approved, you will disappear, maybe even forget to say thank you to them, so why bother.

NPnjan02

Hi Npnjan02,

do you know if the local office will stamp my passport based on the online printout of the approval note?

To renusun:

renusun said:
Although my RD is 03/03, I tried contacting the senators in Michigan. I wrote a standard letter describing how agonizing this process is and how it has brought my professional and academic career to a stand-still. I also mentioned the random fashion in which NSC has been approving cases.They responded with a form that I filled out authorizing them to access my info. However the results were expected. They said they contacted NSC and got me the answer that NSC is processing May 31 2002 cases and unless my date is prior to that they could not do anything about it. So that wasn't of much help. Maybe if more people conatct the senators they may do something about NSC. Good luck. They did tell me that NSC is seriously transfering a lot of cases to CSC to reduce the backlog.
Dear renusun,

Can you please tell me which senator you contacted in MI? I am in MI too
Thnaks a lot!

Attached is the letter I used to seek help with a senator from NC. Feel free to modify it to strengthen your case. Goodluck!

ibcd92 said:
Hi Npnjan02,

do you know if the local office will stamp my passport based on the online printout of the approval note?

I've heard of several cases - yes. They did have a valid reason though - they were traveling next day or so (so do you?). They also brought the email sent by USCIS. I can't say for sure that it will work for you though, no one can. But then, what do you have to lose if you try?

getit,

I totally agree with npjan02. But if you want to give it a go I see no harm.
I contacted Senator Carl Levin and Senator Debbie Stabenow. They both have their websites which has links containing web-forms where you can write to them requesting help. You can just google their names and get to their web site. Good Luck. Keep us updated.

I totally agree with NPNJAN02. The office of the senators and congressmen/woman contact their local BCIS office for a case update rather than the service centers. From my experience, the online status that we see is different from the case status that the BCIS service centres or local offices access. Here is an example; A friend of mine last year contacted the congresswoman office for help on EAD , got a call back from the office after two weeks saying that the case had been approved and will be receiving the EAD card in a weeks time. But the online status for the EAD has not changed till date(even after a year and after receiving the EAD and even after filing the 2nd EAD). From my personal experience, contacted the local congresswoman's office before the elections on my I485 followup and NO REPLY. faxed a letter to her offices in DC & locally after her re-election and NO REPLY. Last year contacted the same office for AP and was told that the AP will take another 2 months from that date, but received an approval after 2 weeks from that date. The congresswoman office called after a month from the date I contacted them last year and mentioned that the AP will be approved after 4 weeks(my AP was already approved) and if I do not hear from NSC , call the office back!!

I485 RD Nov 01,2002
Same online status message(570-600 days) from Day1, No FP2