Any Suggestions Please???

shrey81

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I got my GC approved in Nov '02 and passport was stamped on 11/19. The online message changed on 5/29/03 from 'Case Approved on...' to 'We have complated the processing and ordered a new card on 5/29...' Here are the cocern that I am having.
(1) How long does it take to reach the card to me?
(2) We are moving to a new house in 2 weeks. Does post office forward the INS mails (green-card) to new address? I live in Missouri.
(3) Anybody who had card forwarded to new address?
Your suggestions are highly appreciated.
Thank you...

Last edited by a moderator:
Very soon

Hi,

You should receive your card in a week or two. Normally, these INS documents are not mail-forwarded. My advise would be to either postpone your moving to a new house until after you receive your card ( a matter of a couple of weeks) or if your current house is already sold, then keep checking with those people for these envelopes.

If you fill up the mail forward form, in most cases, it will be sent back to INS and God knows (I doubt even HE knows) when it will get sent to your correct address again.

Help guys.....

Our house has been already SOLD and closing is in 12 days....That is about 17 days after the 'CARD ORDERED MESSAGE'. I may not be able ask buyer to collect my mail. But can I go to local INS and change the address in their computer. Would it work? I just don't know what else to do???Thanks

Thanks JoeF

Does the post-office forward 'Green-card' mails??? lot of people told me that they do not forward the INS mails...Did anybody got green-card by mail forward????Please post your experience...Thanks

Thanks JoeF

Thanks man..U are the only one who said that 'Green-card' mail can be forwarded...I just don't what else to do. I will go to local INS to change the address after closing the new house...

When we were in an apartment...

We received an INS mail, addressed to the previous residents of that apartment. I tracked their current residence through the net and sent an email to them to come and collect the INS envelope. They said that all their other mails got forwarded, but this was the only one that did not. Thats why I said USPS normally dont forward such mails.

ANother Challange!!!!

Hi All,
Just found out that my spouse's card was ordered yesterday. When we went for stamping we gave the approval notice with our Attorney's Address for Spouse. So, I think this card should go to Attorney's office. What do you all think?
Thanks for your inputs