• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Any similar case??

Aquilla

Registered Users (C)
Hi all
I am from SA. at the moment I am studying overseas and i received my NL this year on March. I asked KCC if i can have my interview done in the US embassy where i am living and they told me that i wouldnt have any problem. Does anyone here know any experience like this? because i was thinking going back to my country for the interview but that will affect my university course.

Regards

Aquilla said:
Hi all
I am from SA. at the moment I am studying overseas and i received my NL this year on March. I asked KCC if i can have my interview done in the US embassy where i am living and they told me that i wouldnt have any problem. Does anyone here know any experience like this? because i was thinking going back to my country for the interview but that will affect my university course.

Regards

Hi Aquilla,

Of course, you can do your CP at a place (i.e., in a third country, not your own or the US) if you are residing there for "long" time. The interviewing US Embassy (in the 3rd country) will decide (based on your length of residency in the 3rd country) whether they can interview your case there or not. If they say yes, that is final. If they cannot interview your case for any reason, they will inform you in advance and advise you on which US Embassy you should go.

I have more than one friends done that successfully.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

-dreamer

thanks so much for that. Yes i am residing here for several year for work and studies. Thanks.

Regards

What is your status?

Aquilla,
What is your status in that country? Are are there with resident visa or non-resident. IF you are resident in that country you won't have any problem doing your CP from there. If you have non-immigrant visa, you better check with your local US embassey.

Aquilla,

What is worrying you? If KCC says you can than why worry? They've been dealing with thousands of winners every year and a good number of them have been in your position.

If you need more details from readers who've had that experience, can you be more specific? What kind of details do you need? Let us know, knowing exactly what's worrying you will make it easier for readers to help.

Good luck

Barbara