Any Passport stamping experience at Dallas!!!

sarah ansari

Registered Users (C)
Any Passport stamping experience at Dallas, please post!!!

Is Courtesy copy good enough?
Is The 2 photos for stamping same as the one for EAD/AP?
Is any day of the week better or worse for stamping?
Any tips, please for stamping at Dallas!!!!

No Title

You can go with the courtesy copy. The two photographs are the ones similar to EAD/AP requirements. We got ours stamped recently in Dallas (2/20/01). We went in the morning around 4 AM. There were about 20 people in front of us. They open at 6.30 AM. After the security check, we entered the building at 7 AM. You will see a window as soon as you enter and everybody has to go to that window to get their token. We were given the tokens under the "replacement cards" category and we were the first ones in that counter. We got the call about 7.15 AM and within 5 minutes the stamping is done. The lady in the counter collected our approval letter, photographs, I-94 and PP. I-551 is filled and PP got stamped within a couple of minutes. came out of the building at 7.20 aM. My advice is go as early as possible so that you can come out very early.

No Title

Thanks Mohan_30
I have some photos left from EAD/AP, can I use the same ones?
Also at what point of time can you sit?
Can you take a backpack/food inside the INS?
How about parking? where can you park? how far?

No Title

You can use those photos.
You can sit in the chairs as soon as you get your token
No food allowed
Parking is right outside the building.

No Title

Mohan,

Is I-94 a must for PP stamping ?
We only have a photocopy and not the original I-94.
Will the photocopy do the trick ?

Thanks

No Title

Howdy
No, copy wont work.
I-94 (original) keeps track of your arrival/departure records and is normally stapled in your passport. I dont understand how can you lose it?

No Title

Mohan,

Yes you guessed it right. We lost one of our passports
that had I-94 attached to it. Can you point me to a
place (web site, etc.) that talks about the documents
required for Stamping ? Was I-94 one of the things that
was listed in your approval notice ?

Thanks

No Title

Howdy
Yes, In the approval letter they specifically ask you to bring the original I-94. Since you lost pp itself, you need to obtain the PP first and then call TSC and ask them about the procedure if I-94 is lost. You can explain them about your problem and I am sure they will suggest some solution.
hope this helps

No Title

How long to get the plastic card after stamping at TSC?
I am planning to go on Thursday for PP stamping.

No Title

I got the stamp early this week. You need a chair when you wait in line. It took me 5 hours before I entered the building. You will get a number under "Card Replacement" category. Snack food is fine, cooking is not allowed :} Don\'t worry about the process itself. Your case has been approved, and they only need to collect some documents from you. There is also a place to take photos for you 10 bucks for 4 pics. Don\'t volunteer anything but PP, Appv Notice, I-94s (Since your last entry into the US), and photos, exactly those things specified in the Appv Notice. Courtesy copy of Appv Notice is fine. Hope this might help.