Any October 2010 filers yet?

wow, congralutions. I mailed the all the materials on the same day as you on Sept 24 and did FP on Oct 14. But no appointment letter of interview as Nov 19. I guess I got bad luck on background check.:(

11/13/2010 - Interview appointment letter received (for 12/16/2010).

Sighs. I'm getting nervous now. I wonder what's going on with my EAD :(

I got my interview letter today!! The interview is on my birthday, best present ever!!! :D Still nothing new on the EAD though...

Last edited by a moderator:
The USCIS Garden City Field Office in New York is temporarily closed due to electrical issues.

If you have a scheduled appointment, we will contact you to reschedule it. We will let you know as soon as we re-open the office. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Guess I wont be getting my interview letter anytime soon...:(:(:(

wow, congralutions. I mailed the all the materials on the same day as you on Sept 24 and did FP on Oct 14. But no appointment letter of interview as Nov 19. I guess I got bad luck on background check.:(

Which District Office did you file with?

The USCIS Garden City Field Office in New York is temporarily closed due to electrical issues.

If you have a scheduled appointment, we will contact you to reschedule it. We will let you know as soon as we re-open the office. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Oh no, I'm so sorry! :( I hope they will schedule an interview really fast at the next closest location to you! Best of luck! *hugs*

10/06/2010 - Sent I-130,I485,I765,I131 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express mail
10/07/2010 - Package Received by USCIS.
10/15/2010 - Checks got cashed. Text messages & email received
10/19/2010 - Received all 4 NOA's in mail
10/23/2010 - Received biometrics appointment for 11/17/2010
11/10/2010 - SoftLUD on I131 & I765
11/17/2010 - Biometrics done , they were so friendly and helpful, took around 20 mints
11/17/2010 - LUD on I131, I765 & I485.
11/17/2010 - I131 & I765 Approved.
Wow! I-131 and I-765 approved on the day you had your biometrics? I wish I had this luck. Congratulations!!!

Hopefully you'll get it very soon! Why? What's up with the background check? Don't worry too much about it. I'm sure it will go fine.

Sorry :( They did not even say when they expect to re-open the office. Sighs. Crazy electrical issues.

wow, how do you know that? i don't know which office i belong to. I filed from Queens, NY but that sucks

Yesterday finally received the FP letter and completed the walkin today so lets see how long it takes from here..

Yesterday finally received the FP letter and completed the walkin today so lets see how long it takes from here..

I'm so Happy for you, congratulations!!!! this gives me hope as I am also in the DC area and have not received my biometrics appointment yet. I can't believe things have gotten this slow.

I'm so Happy for you, congratulations!!!! this gives me hope as I am also in the DC area and have not received my biometrics appointment yet. I can't believe things have gotten this slow.

Yep the wait is a killer! I think the DC area has hit severely with the backlog's- I looked at your time frame -you should be getting in a week or 2, good luck!

I got the interview letter!!!! I'm so excited and TERRIFIED! Not sure how I'm going to sleep the night before. Sleeping pills?? I'm a CSPA case, by the way. My dad still hasn't gotten his but I assume we have it on the same day.

Our interview date is December 29th. We sent our papers on October 5th so it's been less than 2 months. I'm more than thankful right now. Good luck everyone!