Any NIW-based I-485 approved without local transfer?

jigesh

Registered Users (C)
I see here and on rupnet that a couple of EB-1 based I-485 cases got approved recently without local transfers/interviews.

Does any one know about (theirs or friends') national interest waiver (NIW)-based I-485 having approved at VSC recently without local transfers/interviews? Thank you.

Jigesh

A friend of mine --> EB2-NIW got approved, no RFE, no local transfer from VSC in March. Already him and his wife received their plastic cards.
GC_Impatient

Hi GC_impatient

Thanks a lot for your prompt response.

Does anyone know about NIW approvals without transfer?

I am just trying to understand/guess as to what might trigger transfers for NIW cases and why almost all are transferred. Thank you.

Hard to say, my friend who got approved was expecting to get tranferred, but I guess is now disappointed that he got approved without transfer :D
Are you a NIW case? If so I hope you meet with the same disappointment
GC_Impatient

Yes, mine is a self-petitioned national interest waiver based I-485 with Feb'02 RD. Was your friend's case too a self-petitioned one or an employer sponsored NIW one? Just in case if you know...

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend was self-petitioned. He changed jobs while on I-485 (dont know if he informed BCIS). I know that he told them about address change.
He had a EBI (Outstanding professor or researcher) petition through his company, but he abandoned it in favor of self-sponsored EB2-NIW.
GC_Impatient