Any news about AILA visit to NSC?

getit

Registered Users (C)
As I remember, somebody said in one thread that AILA members would visit NSC on Nov. 3. Anybody has some news about it?

I called my Lawyer and he said that the meeting took place in Hotel rather than in NSC office so they could get much access on individual case status. But NSC informed that by next 10-15 days they are moving ahead the I-485 processing date. Also he said that officers have been asked to expidite the I-485 cases since I-131 family based cases is being transferred to CSC. Hope we see the I-485 Processing dates much moved ahead in next NSC report.
I485 ND 02/2003

Alok2004 said:
I called my Lawyer and he said that the meeting took place in Hotel rather than in NSC office so they could get much access on individual case status. But NSC informed that by next 10-15 days they are moving ahead the I-485 processing date. Also he said that officers have been asked to expidite the I-485 cases since I-131 family based cases is being transferred to CSC. Hope we see the I-485 Processing dates much moved ahead in next NSC report.
I485 ND 02/2003
GOOD NEWS!

alok

alok, is the conference over? because they were in a hotel room, why could they access individual cases?

Should this be?:

Alok2004 said:
I called my Lawyer and he said that the meeting took place in Hotel rather than in NSC office so they could NOT get much access on individual case status. But NSC informed that by next 10-15 days they are moving ahead the I-485 processing date. Also he said that officers have been asked to expidite the I-485 cases since I-131 family based cases is being transferred to CSC. Hope we see the I-485 Processing dates much moved ahead in next NSC report.
I485 ND 02/2003

Sorry folks for the incorrect wording. Just now I realized this any how now "NPNJ02" user id has corrected this. Many Thanks.

May be I am being tooooo pessimistic..............
I hope NSC keeps their word!!! Promises are made to be broken at USCIS!!! USCIS has made some promise during their deposition to reduce the processing time to 6 months in some timeframe. Are they keeping promise!!! I don't think so.
So this is another promise USCIS has made. Hope they at least honor some promise.

If it is anything worth mentioning, I would assume AILA would have posted a flash news.

mxc said:
If it is anything worth mentioning, I would assume AILA would have posted a flash news.
I don't think what AILA did can affect something on USCIS, USCIS is still doing what they are willing to do. Only congress can put some pressure on USCIS. USCIS doesn't care anything -- AILA, applicants....

getit said:
I don't think what AILA did can affect something on USCIS, USCIS is still doing what they are willing to do. Only congress can put some pressure on USCIS. USCIS doesn't care anything -- AILA, applicants....
you are right

I don't think anyone cares - USCIS, Congress, Senate, Politicians, Mr. President Bush, none of them. Whether you and I get a 485 approved in a timely manner or not doesn't change a thing for any of them. If an application cannot be processed in 2-3 years, it is outright incompetency. Even in India, I could have gotten it done sooner.

mxc said:
I don't think anyone cares - USCIS, Congress, Senate, Politicians, Mr. President Bush, none of them. Whether you and I get a 485 approved in a timely manner or not doesn't change a thing for any of them. If an application cannot be processed in 2-3 years, it is outright incompetency. Even in India, I could have gotten it done sooner.
The advantages immigrants to this country(especially EB immigrants) are a long term effect, so BUSH doesn't care. What he and his government cares is how to solidate his power, how to reach their political purpose, how to... who cares what's going on after many years, which is the future presidents' issues. Since president doesn't care, USCIS directors absolutely don't care either -- that's why they are still on their positions with so bad work and so many stupid mistakes

my Congress man said that NSC are moving from one building to another (close to the airport). Maybe that's why they couldn't visit????? am not sure, and then again, with USCIS, you never know.

agree with getit

Almost everyone in US are immigrants, but problem is that after you became
citizen or get GC, you or your next generation (include myself probably in future) will not care about the others who are still in painful waiting lists. Except immigration issue, reports also show 30-40% reduces in application of US university from other contries, many good students in India, China and Russia go to England, Australia and
Canada, the reason is the policy of Bush goverment!

gvaknin said:
my Congress man said that NSC are moving from one building to another (close to the airport). Maybe that's why they couldn't visit????? am not sure, and then again, with USCIS, you never know.
gvaknin,

Are they done with the moving? Whenwill be done if not? I am figuring out if the slow processing these weeks had something to do with their moving, or if the slow processing will continue.