Any May filers around?

I just wanted to add that the IO told me apply for SSN after the visa comes, but since I already have it, to wait for the removal of the restriction on it.
I also got 2 LUDs (the same message 2 times) 1,5 hours after the interview. The message was "Notice welcoming the new permanent resident sent". :)

Once again, I want to thank everyone for all your help/advice and any nice, encouraging words. Without this forum this whole process would have been so much harder or more expensive (= lawyer). I learned so much and thanks to this we could prepare well. Thank you!!!

Congrats MagdaJ...........tht was a cool officer you got.......i wish i get as lucky.......have my interview at 1:30 today........will post my experience.

Widze ze nie bylo latwo ale ciesze sie ze sie udalo. A ten zmyl z tym telefonem i ze Pan wyszedl na 10 minut to napewno jakis przekret. Ale nas Polakow nikt nie przechytrzy :) cos musieli przykombinowac ale im sie nie udalo a zreszta co wy macie do ukrycia. Moze chcieli sprawdzic czy bedzie cos mowli miedzy soba w ich nie obecnosci czy tak czy siak ciesze sie ze juz jestes po wszystkim i ze wam wszystko dobrze poszlo.

Pzdr,

Tomek.

Hello!

We are back from San Antonio and I was APPROVED!!!!
The interview was at 2.30pm, we got there at 2pm, went through the security and went to the waiting room, nobody even checked or told us what to do with the “invitation” letter, but luckily I asked the lady at the information desk and she instructed me to give the letter to the guards, they put me on the list and I signed it. And 5 minutes later an IO is calling my name. Together with him me and my husband took the elevator to the third floor. Inside the elevator the IO asked us how we were and where we were coming from (small talk…). When we got into his room he told us to sit down (he forgot to swear us in..... psssst!). He saw we brought 2 big folders of documents and 2 photo albums, so he right away asked for one of the albums (he didn’t check our IDs). While looking at the photos, he told us we were his last interviewees (and he kind of let us know he was already tired…. maybe he just wanted to take us off guard… they have their tricks), but going through the photos he started asking questions: how old we were, where we had met, how long this whole dating had been going on for, he asked about some particular places in the photos, and made some nice comments, he even told me I was very photogenic. There was a photo of my parents and my husband, he thought it was his parents, and I clarified these were my parents, and then we talked about my husband’s trip to Poland. He asked him how long he stayed there. He asked about my brother (he was in the photo), and commented on my dog (he thought it was my husband’s dog because he was holding him like a baby he, he, he... cute). He also asked my husband about his job (he is a realtor), so he asked about the real estate market. He asked him where he was born, when he moved to Austin, why, where he lived after moving here. He also said that we travel a lot and that maybe he should start traveling, too. Then he glanced at the other album (our wedding photo album), asked where we got married and if we had any guests. He also asked me about my job. Oh one more thing, at the beginning of the interview his first comment was that my husband was nervous, so he explained that it was just the anticipation of the interview, so the IO said that usually people think that the IO is going to be a jerk (???), we didn’t say anything, just smiled.
Then he asked if we have anything that would prove that we live together so that he could include it in his file, so I asked if car insurance and joint bank account statements would do, he said these would be fine, we said we had also mail, he didn’t want it, didn’t even look at it. (We had many more docs and proofs but I guess it is better to be over-prepared than under-prepared.) So he stapled those 2 things in the file, and he also was flipping through the file continuously, like without any reason. He asked for my passport, looked carefully at it, took my I-94 out, and he said that he would stamp my passport, the visa should come in 2-3 weeks, but just in case if it got stuck somewhere, he is putting that stamp, it serves as a green card and is valid for a year. And he also asked me if I had any travel documents or work permit, I said I only had a work permit. First he said he didn’t need it, but then he said that he would take it because I wouldn’t need it anymore since this stamp also serves as EAD. He gave me my passport back and asked me 2 “NO-questions”, he used his words and asked if I had ever been arrested and if I had any problems with the immigration here or in my country. And all of a sudden he has a phone call and leaves the room “for 2 minutes”. We tried not to talk during this time he was gone (who knows maybe it was some trick, maybe we were being recorded), he came back after 10 minutes!!!. He apologized. The last thing he asked was how long we had been married, and explained the removal of the conditions (wrote it on a piece of paper for us), and he was stressing that they had to do it to make sure the marriage is for real (“lots of people come here and are not in real marriage”). Then he thanked us, and took us back to the elevator, went down with us, wished us a good day The interview lasted 15 minutes not counting the time when he left the office.
And that was my experience. I hope it helps somebody :)

Hi guys I got another email from USCIS today take a look

-------------------------------------------

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: .......................

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On September 18, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved
this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS.
Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you
receive the notice, call customer service.

tips to get fbi name check cleared

To clear the FBI name check one has to die.

Once dead
1.FBI will do a research on the death certificate
2.USICIS will send RFE for proving "Capability to Die: Prove that your employer has permitted you to die" that is if your appln is employment based , or else if marriage based will ask the spouse
3.If your name has hits (e.g. 'This person has died') , they will take 2 more years to process
4. By that time they will also require your fingerprints and Doctor will do a medical exam. As you are already dead it wont make any difference to you
5. They will collect your insurance money for Advanced Parole and EAD.
6. You will be allowed to have "Same or Similar death as mentioned in your Labour" . If you die without ur employers permission then employer will revoke your i-140 that is if your appln is employment based , or else if marriage based will ask the spouse and revoke 130 after your death.
7. Your american dream has died along with your physical self. Someday down the line you will get "Approved for permanent residence" stamp on your expired passport.

:) :mad:

Thanks guys for all your congrats! I am so happy it is all over!
Oh by the way, as far as removing of the conditions, he said that they might call me for the interview or might not. So we will see, but he advised that we should keep building our folder with all those proofs.

Widze ze nie bylo latwo ale ciesze sie ze sie udalo. A ten zmyl z tym telefonem i ze Pan wyszedl na 10 minut to napewno jakis przekret. Ale nas Polakow nikt nie przechytrzy :) cos musieli przykombinowac ale im sie nie udalo a zreszta co wy macie do ukrycia. Moze chcieli sprawdzic czy bedzie cos mowli miedzy soba w ich nie obecnosci czy tak czy siak ciesze sie ze juz jestes po wszystkim i ze wam wszystko dobrze poszlo.

Pzdr,

Tomek.

Czesc Tomek!
Widzisz my Polacy, jestesmy za cwani ;-) Ale jak myslisz, ten telefon to byl jakis chwyt?
Ja tez sie ciesze, ze juz po wszystkim i teraz w koncu mozna odetchnac i przestac sie stresowac. A Ty juz w Polsce? Ja wlasnie szukam biletu do Polski, bo koniecznie chce pojechac, zanim zaczne szukac jakiejs konkretnej pracy. Moze sobie pozwole na jakies 2 m-ce.
Trzymaj sie i do uslyszenia. Jesli jeszcze nie poleciales, to bezpiecznej i milej podrozy!
Pozdrawiam!

Hi guys I got another email from USCIS today take a look

-------------------------------------------

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: .......................

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On September 18, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved
this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS.
Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you
receive the notice, call customer service.

did you ever get a card production email for your GC???

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats MagdaJ...........tht was a cool officer you got.......i wish i get as lucky.......have my interview at 1:30 today........will post my experience.

Good luck Simsim31!!! I am sure you will do just fine! Let us know how it all went when you come back!

Bede szczery, po tym co napisalas chcieli cie udupic ale nie wiedzieli jak to zrobic, czekali spokojnie i mysleli ze bedziecie cos miedzy soba rozmawiac za jego plecami - Ciesze sie ze sie stalo jak sie stalo bo moglo byc innaczej.

Pzdr.

Tomek.

P.S Napisz do mnie z prywaatnego moze to ci przesle moje namiary jak oczywiscie checesz.

Czesc Tomek!
Widzisz my Polacy, jestesmy za cwani ;-) Ale jak myslisz, ten telefon to byl jakis chwyt?
Ja tez sie ciesze, ze juz po wszystkim i teraz w koncu mozna odetchnac i przestac sie stresowac. A Ty juz w Polsce? Ja wlasnie szukam biletu do Polski, bo koniecznie chce pojechac, zanim zaczne szukac jakiejs konkretnej pracy. Moze sobie pozwole na jakies 2 m-ce.
Trzymaj sie i do uslyszenia. Jesli jeszcze nie poleciales, to bezpiecznej i milej podrozy!
Pozdrawiam!

Its good to see that most people that were around in April/May period have now been approved. I haven't been on here as much as I wish as I work so many hours. Anyways good luck to all with upcoming interviews :)

I Got Approved!!!!!

I got it:D ....it was the easiest,funniest, most fantastic interview with a very talkative and pleasant IO white,female ,35 yrs(she told us) who had a 4 yr daughter(again she told us).....

We reached 45 min before time thanks to my hyper hubby,checked in and at exactly 1:30 this lady called our names and led us in to her cabin,all the while talking about how warm it had become again.She knew our attorney quite well so that eased the atmosphere too_Once inside,she swore us in and then asked for our IDs,confirmed our names,DOBs and address,asked if this was the first marriage for both of us,and if we had any more children........to which we replied one is on the way.That started a 10 min discussion on morning sickness,losing and gaining weight,boy or girl etc. etc. and all this while i was waiting for the happy times to be over and the axe to fall;) Then she asked me all the 'NO' questions and started looking at the photocopies of the few pics that we had sent in with the rest of the papers......i asked if she wanted to look at the real ones and she said no, i'm almost done and i know you guys are ok.She asked me what visa i came on to the US and how did we meet after which she said the golden words "i'm approving you"......that's it!!!No more questions,proofs, nothing........and we were looking at each other wondering did this really happen!Our attorney still gave her copies of my husband's finances and tax papers nd she just put them in the file.It looked like she had already approved us without meeting us and this interview was just a formality.My daughter had been quitely drawing on loose sheets of paper all this time and the IO spent another 10 min looking at all those sketches and asking her about her favorite TV shows and what would she recommend for her 4yr old!!

It didn't look or feel like an interview at all......it took us 35 min inside out of which 25 min was spent on idle chit-chat and bunching the papers together.Oh, and i asked her if my name check is clear and she said of course,you'll get the GC in mail in 2 weeks!I felt what has already been re-iterated on this forum so many times---if you are genuine,you should have nothing to fear.So friends,that's the end of my journey for now......i hope we'll all come together when we remove our conditions 2 yrs later or when we apply for our citizenships!

I'm really glad i found this forum and want to thank all of you who have been there for each other long after your interviews were done.This journey would have been difficult alone.Thanks again and all the best to the rest of us!:)

congrats simsim :D

I got 2 other email notification for a card prodution notification
Thats almost a week after i received the first 2 email notification stating the same thing :confused:

I got it:D ....it was the easiest,funniest, most fantastic interview with a very talkative and pleasant IO white,female ,35 yrs(she told us) who had a 4 yr daughter(again she told us).....

We reached 45 min before time thanks to my hyper hubby,checked in and at exactly 1:30 this lady called our names and led us in to her cabin,all the while talking about how warm it had become again.She knew our attorney quite well so that eased the atmosphere too_Once inside,she swore us in and then asked for our IDs,confirmed our names,DOBs and address,asked if this was the first marriage for both of us,and if we had any more children........to which we replied one is on the way.That started a 10 min discussion on morning sickness,losing and gaining weight,boy or girl etc. etc. and all this while i was waiting for the happy times to be over and the axe to fall;) Then she asked me all the 'NO' questions and started looking at the photocopies of the few pics that we had sent in with the rest of the papers......i asked if she wanted to look at the real ones and she said no, i'm almost done and i know you guys are ok.She asked me what visa i came on to the US and how did we meet after which she said the golden words "i'm approving you"......that's it!!!No more questions,proofs, nothing........and we were looking at each other wondering did this really happen!Our attorney still gave her copies of my husband's finances and tax papers nd she just put them in the file.It looked like she had already approved us without meeting us and this interview was just a formality.My daughter had been quitely drawing on loose sheets of paper all this time and the IO spent another 10 min looking at all those sketches and asking her about her favorite TV shows and what would she recommend for her 4yr old!!

It didn't look or feel like an interview at all......it took us 35 min inside out of which 25 min was spent on idle chit-chat and bunching the papers together.Oh, and i asked her if my name check is clear and she said of course,you'll get the GC in mail in 2 weeks!I felt what has already been re-iterated on this forum so many times---if you are genuine,you should have nothing to fear.So friends,that's the end of my journey for now......i hope we'll all come together when we remove our conditions 2 yrs later or when we apply for our citizenships!

I'm really glad i found this forum and want to thank all of you who have been there for each other long after your interviews were done.This journey would have been difficult alone.Thanks again and all the best to the rest of us!:)

Congratulations! :D I am thrilled for you! I hope you get your GC soon ;) that sounds like a very pleasant experience :)