Any May filers around?

My wife and I arrived at the JFK Federal building at 2.00pm. Our appointment was for 2.30. After going through security, we sat down for about 20 and were called in by our IO, a middle aged woman. She took us to her office and made us swear the oath to tell the truth. She then started with her questions. She first asked my wife her full name and then me and address

The main questions were
1.She asked my wife my date of birth and asked me her date of birth
2. Where we met and where we married.

At this stage she started removing the I-94 from my passport.

After going through all the questions about terrorism, deportation and all that NO questions she asked for evidence of bona fide marriage.

We had the marriage cert, Sam's Club account, One bank account.

She asked for more and we told her that is all we had. She then said she expects us to be CREATIVE. She kept using that word and said she wants us bring some more like affidavits from people who know us and anything more that we can find. She kept using the word creative.

She gave us a doc saying we are to present more docs within 60 days. She said we could mail the evidence in but advised we bring it by hand.

We thanked her and promised her we will get more evidence in by next week.

So folks, thats our experience. We need ur support still.

Thanks for the detailed post adom, I am sorry you were not approved right away today but you're almost approved, just bring the IO more docs and you're all set. Congratulations!!! Keep us posted!

was happy for few mins

Not necessarily. But it is a step forward. :cool:

i was happy for few mins though :)
can anyone travel out with valid h1b and return on AP(incase h1b revoked)? so that aos process do not stop when iam away!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I arrived at the JFK Federal building at 2.00pm. Our appointment was for 2.30. After going through security, we sat down for about 20 and were called in by our IO, a middle aged woman. She took us to her office and made us swear the oath to tell the truth. She then started with her questions. She first asked my wife her full name and then me and address

The main questions were
1.She asked my wife my date of birth and asked me her date of birth
2. Where we met and where we married.

At this stage she started removing the I-94 from my passport.

After going through all the questions about terrorism, deportation and all that NO questions she asked for evidence of bona fide marriage.

We had the marriage cert, Sam's Club account, One bank account.

She asked for more and we told her that is all we had. She then said she expects us to be CREATIVE. She kept using that word and said she wants us bring some more like affidavits from people who know us and anything more that we can find. She kept using the word creative.

She gave us a doc saying we are to present more docs within 60 days. She said we could mail the evidence in but advised we bring it by hand.

We thanked her and promised her we will get more evidence in by next week.

So folks, thats our experience. We need ur support still.

All the best in compiling the other documents, adom.2007. Don't worry too much, you'll be fine.

Handle --------------- AOS ND ---- AOS ID ---------- Result ---- Interview Link
Mishumishu ---------- May 16 ----- Jul 17 ---------- Approved ----- Here
shinkansen ----------- May 02 ----- Jul 26 ---------- Approved
PraetorianXI --------- May 08 ----- Aug 07 --------- Approved
mpanati -------------- May 10 ----- Aug 07 ---------- Aproved
mamtashok ---------- May 08 ----- Aug 09 ---------- Approved name check pending
IrishDMBF ----------- May 22 ------ Aug 13 ---------- Approved
leleth ----------------- May 10 ----- Aug 20 ---------- Approved
franticsky------------ May 23 ------Aug 22 ---------- Approved name check pending
ktrueson ------------ May 02 ------ Aug 22 ----------- Approved
rukna --------------- May 04 -------- Aug 23 --------- Approved name check pending
nehasharma -------- May 21 ------ Aug 24 ----------- Approved name check pending
adom.2007 ---------- May 14 ----- Aug 27 ---------- Pending further evidence
ndp125 --------------- May 16 ------ Aug 28 --------- Pending
alsteg ---------------- May 24 ----- Aug 29 --------- Pending
Tommy_Chicago ----- May 07 ----- Sep 06 ---------- Pending
Luci_merlion -------- May 21 ----- Sep 10 ---------- Pending
Tairaesias ----------- May 07 ----- Sep 12 --------- Pending
k.ambrose ----------- Jun 01 ----- Sep 12 --------- Pending
dee2006 ------------- May 14 ----- Sep 13 --------- Pending
MagdaJ -------------- Jun 01 ------ Sep 17 --------- Pending
simsim31 ------------ May 25 ----- Sep 18 -------- Pending
roshlimbo ------------ May 11 ----- Oct 9 ---------- Pending

ndp125, good luck with your interview today. Keep us posted later.

congrats Mamtashok

Hi Mamtashok

Congrats on ur I-130 approval , did u see any change in the LUD after your Interview I mean the officer approved my I-130 too but i did not see ant LUD

All will be fine Adom....
Congrats to all the Approved
Good Luck to all the Pending

Some dramatic updates for me. Finally got my ID (09/25) and EAD production ordered.

Hello Guys, I had my interview yesterday in Garden City, New York. It went pretty well. The thing is they need a DNA test done for me and my father. Is anyone familiar with this???.

form ur post it seems that your father has sponsored you or vice versa , its just another evidence that they might need , just a way of harassing people

Our interview is tomorrow. I'm sooooo nervous. Should we take our photo album or just a couple of photos? The things we have together are with my maiden name (joint bank account and car insurance)... We only have an approved loan with both our names, and some greeting cards friends sent us for our wedding.

Hello Guys, I had my interview yesterday in Garden City, New York. It went pretty well. The thing is they need a DNA test done for me and my father. Is anyone familiar with this???.

What the heck? who is going to pay for the DNA test? :p

Did you bring the birth certificate? affidavits? that IS unusual as far as I know. :confused:

Our interview is tomorrow. I'm sooooo nervous. Should we take our photo album or just a couple of photos? The things we have together are with my maiden name (joint bank account and car insurance)... We only have an approved loan with both our names, and some greeting cards friends sent us for our wedding.

Bring as many things as you can (the entire album) and everything listed on your interview notice.

Also make copies of all documents ahead of time.

You will be fine.