Any May filers around?

I just got back from my infopass to get my EAD expedited. They took the letter and said they would put in a request to expedite!!! The guy was really nice and helpful. I was expecting them to be rude and say no but that was a very pleasant experience. He said he would call me when they had submitted the request after it got approved by his supervisor!!! So hopefully I will have my EAD soon!!!

I just got back from my infopass to get my EAD expedited. They took the letter and said they would put in a request to expedite!!! The guy was really nice and helpful. I was expecting them to be rude and say no but that was a very pleasant experience. He said he would call me when they had submitted the request after it got approved by his supervisor!!! So hopefully I will have my EAD soon!!!

They did that for me and mine was approved in less than a week so it lookds good ;) ,

No LUD's nor IL yet, is there anybody else from charlotte and have not recieved there IL yet?

BioMetrics appointment = 6-2-2007
RFE (w2s) = 5/15/2007
RFE recieved = 6/06/2007
I-485 = 5/09/2007, 6/06/2007, 6/7/2007, 6/10/2007
I-130 = 5/14/2007
I-765 = 5/14/2007, 6/04/2007
EAD = card production order 7/18/2007

Such a nice person he must be :) . After hearing all this, lemme once again try for another infopass for expedieting my EAD. What do you guys think? I hope I would not meet that old guys this time:rolleyes:

N

Oh My God! I am so happy!
K.ambrose and everyone, I got my interview letter today. Letter was issued on July 13 and I got it today July 20th. Interview is on Sept. 10.

I will update my signiture later as I'm on break break from work.

K.ambrose you should get you IL soon. I felt this one was coming...........:)

The guy from the DO called back saying that they had denied my request for expedition because my interview was so close and that I had passed namecheck and they didn't see any reason why I shouldn't be approved to work then!!!!

At least I know I have cleared namecheck:)

On the other hand no EAD:( What a waste of money!!!

K.ambrose and everyone, I got my interview letter today. Letter was issued on July 13 and I got it today July 20th. Interview is on Sept. 10.

Congrats :)...

K.ambose, now its your turn..

Congrats:) ........what's your DO?

The guy from the DO called back saying that they had denied my request for expedition because my interview was so close and that I had passed namecheck and they didn't see any reason why I shouldn't be approved to work then!!!!

At least I know I have cleared namecheck:)

On the other hand no EAD:( What a waste of money!!!
Congrats on getting cleared for your namecheck but it's too bad they didn't go ahead and give you the EAD. Your interview is a month away and I think that's a lot of time. Let them not work for a month and see how they feel. Ahh well at least you know you have a really good shot a getting your stamp at the interview..again, congrats.

Handle --------------- AOS ND ---- AOS ID ---------- Result ---- Interview Link
Mishumishu ---------- May 16 ----- Jul 17 ---------- Approved ----- Here
shinkansen ----------- May 02 ----- Jul 26 ---------- Pending
PraetorianXI --------- May 08 ----- Aug 07 --------- Pending (AP)
mpanati -------------- May 10 ----- Aug 07 ---------- Pending
mamtashok ---------- May 08 ----- Aug 09 ---------- Pending
IrishDMBF ----------- May 22 ------ Aug 13 ---------- Pending
leleth ----------------- May 10 ----- Aug 20 ---------- Pending
ktrueson ------------ May 02 ------ Aug 22 --------- Pending
nehasharma -------- May 21 ------ Aug 24 --------- Pending
adom.2007 ---------- May 14 ----- Aug 27 ---------- Pending
Tommy_Chicago --- May 07 ----- Sep 06 ---------- Pending (EAD)
Luci_merlion -------- May 21 ----- Sep 10 ---------- Pending
Tairaesias ----------- May 07 ----- Sep 12 --------- Pending
dee2006 ------------- May 14 ----- Sep 13 --------- Pending
simsim31 ------------ May 25 ----- Sept 18 -------- Pending
roshlimbo ------------ May 11 ----- Oct 9 ----------- Pending (EAD)
alsteg ---------------- May 24 ----- Aug 29 --------- Pending

Congrats to Luci :)

Hello my fellow may filers!

Still no IL or EAD for me (but I am a late may filer so I guess I need to be more patient).
Because of this, though, I decided to file for AP before the new fees kick in.
But I have a few questions:

1. As far as "Overstay", filing of which form (I-130 or I-485) cancels your overstay status / places you in an authorized stay? But I know you can send I-131 until 180th day of your overstay. I first sent I-130 and then 4 months later I-485.

2. I read that when you leave the country on I-131, the processing of your I-485 is "paused" until you come back from your trip. And then you need to resume it. Did I understand it correctly?

3 Should I send it to Chicago Lockbox? Or maybe to San Antonio DO or maybe to NBC?

But I bet that as soon as I apply for I-131, I will get my IL (Murphy's law).

Last edited by a moderator:
Answers in bold:

Hello my fellow may filers!

Still no IL or EAD for me (but I am a late may filer so I guess I need to be more patient).
Because of this, though, I decided to file for AP before the new fees kick in.
But I have a few questions:

1. As far as "Overstay", filing of which form (I-130 or I-485) cancels your overstay status / places you in an authorized stay? But I know you can send I-131 until 180th day of your overstay. I first sent I-130 and then 4 months later I-485. Filing for AOS (I-485) places you in Pending Status. The I-130 does not give you any status. But your overstay is counted from the day your I-94 stay expired to the day USCIS received the I-485 (the receipt date). If that is more than 180 days DO NOT TRAVEL until you get your GC

2. I read that when you leave the country on I-131, the processing of your I-485 is "paused" until you come back from your trip. And then you need to resume it. Did I understand it correctly? Where did you read that? I do not think that is true.

3 Should I send it to Chicago Lockbox? Or maybe to San Antonio DO or maybe to NBC? Send it to the Chicago Lockbox, they will send it to the NBC.

But I bet that as soon as I apply for I-131, I will get my IL (Murphy's law). Hahahaha, I love Murphy's Law... Who knows?

Anyways... I hope it goes well.

Hey PraetorianXI,

thanks for your response. Well my overstay until the USCIS received my I-485 application was 123 days, so I am good. And as far as this info about resuming your I-485, I read it in the instructions for I-131. But maybe I misunderstood something. Here it is:
"Travel Warning
Before you apply for an advance parole document, read this travel warning carefully.

...Therefore, if you apply for adjustment of status after you return to the United States, resume an adjustment application that was pending before you left, or return to a status that requires you to establish that you are not inadmissible, you will need to apply for and receive a waiver of inadmissibility before your adjustment application may be approved or your status continued..."

I am still thinking if there is a point in applying for I-131, i need to travel in October, so I have this feeling I may get my visa by then, but who knows what if I get stuck on the name check. I only had one LUD after my biometrics. What do you think I should do?:confused:

Hello all,

I'm new here, I'm also a May filer, late May, looking at a number of the threads here, it looks like alot of you have got RFE's on your I-485, I also received on regarding my i-864. I'm wondering if this will set back my EAD, was working here on a TN, that expired last friday, had to take a unpaid leave from work.... I'm excited to see people are starting to get there EAD's, I'm wondering if anyone has any idea if receiving a RFE is going to have any implications on the EAD, and set back that approval process.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you get your IL soon, MadgaJ, because I want to know what interview dates to expect from the San Antonio DO!

Praetorian, just curious, does photography pay on par with math/CS type jobs?

I hope you get your IL soon, MadgaJ, because I want to know what interview dates to expect from the San Antonio DO!

Praetorian, just curious, does photography pay on par with math/CS type jobs?

Hi austriacus, have you send your RFE back?? Just curious..

Neha

Hello all,

I'm new here, I'm also a May filer, late May, looking at a number of the threads here, it looks like alot of you have got RFE's on your I-485, I also received on regarding my i-864. I'm wondering if this will set back my EAD, was working here on a TN, that expired last friday, had to take a unpaid leave from work.... I'm excited to see people are starting to get there EAD's, I'm wondering if anyone has any idea if receiving a RFE is going to have any implications on the EAD, and set back that approval process.

No.