Any March Filers Out There

Card Received

I received my conditional green card today. My journey has come to an end temporarily. I guess I will be back on this forum in two years time. Overall, my process has been quite smooth and quick. It took me slightly less than four months to get the card. I have to thank this forum because it helped me a lot in preparing my petition and to keep track of things. I wish all the best to all the March '08 filers and hope your journey comes to a successful end soon.

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to FOGGAZER!!! I am glad that things are moving for you. Forget about the update on CRIS website... it still shows pending on my case... :rolleyes:!!

03/25/08 ND all
03/28/08 Checks cashed
03/31/08 Received NOA all
04/01/08 FP notice
04/08/08 LUD and see I-765, I-131, & I-130 online
04/15/08 LUD and see I-485 online
04/17/08 FP done
05/27/08 IL received
07/17/08 ID approved pending name check
07/28/08 Card Production Ordered
07/31/08 Welcome Letter & 1-130 Approval notice rec'vd
08/04/08 Card Received :D :D!!!

I received my conditional green card today. My journey has come to an end temporarily. I guess I will be back on this forum in two years time. Overall, my process has been quite smooth and quick. It took me slightly less than four months to get the card. I have to thank this forum because it helped me a lot in preparing my petition and to keep track of things. I wish all the best to all the March '08 filers and hope your journey comes to a successful end soon.

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to FOGGAZER!!! I am glad that things are moving for you. Forget about the update on CRIS website... it still shows pending on my case... :rolleyes:!!

03/25/08 ND all
03/28/08 Checks cashed
04/01/08 FP notice
04/17/08 FP done
05/27/08 IL received

Congratulations! Enjoy your time away from the forum... but continue to gather information for your I-751 filing. A year and nine months will go by fast.

I was also approved and just yesterday received my Permanent Resident Card! :D

The receipt date on all the notices is April 1st. So, for me, it was basically a 4 month process. April of '10 is when I file for the conditions to be removed.

The best of luck to those that are still waiting!

Hi All-

Still have no word or change in status or date from USCIS after the initial interview on 5/7/2008

Don't know what to do as i would also be moving to another state at the end of this month

Is the change of address request a cool thing to do at this point?

Should i be calling them and speaking in person?

I have some apprehensions as have heard a lot of horror stories of green cards being sent back in mail and the green card getting delayed by few months because of the change of address

Let me know what you guys think abt this...

thanks
CG

Hi All-

Still have no word or change in status or date from USCIS after the initial interview on 5/7/2008

Don't know what to do as i would also be moving to another state at the end of this month

Is the change of address request a cool thing to do at this point?

Should i be calling them and speaking in person?

I have some apprehensions as have heard a lot of horror stories of green cards being sent back in mail and the green card getting delayed by few months because of the change of address

Let me know what you guys think abt this...

thanks
CG
If you're not going to be at the address you filed with, nor is anyone you know and trust (like family), then you should fill out the address change form.

If you're not going to be at the address you filed with, nor is anyone you know and trust (like family), then you should fill out the address change form.

Thanks Do you think the change of address would delay my green card?
You seem to have a similar timeline as mine.....should i be hearing from USCIS sometime this month?

Thanks
CG

Thanks Do you think the change of address would delay my green card?
You seem to have a similar timeline as mine.....should i be hearing from USCIS sometime this month?

Thanks
CG
Hard to say but I wouldn't risk them sending the green card to someone I don't know.

No change in I485 or I130 dates or status
Should i be calling them or should i be going for an Infopass?

thanks
CG

Yes that is for I- 485 :D

03/25/08 ND all
03/28/08 Checks cashed
04/01/08 FP notice
04/17/08 FP done
05/27/08 IL received
07/28/08 Card Production Ordered I-485

Mayachal gal-did you file yourself or hired an attorney?

I have heard that applicants who used an attorney got their name check done quickly...is there any truth to this ??

Mayachal gal-did you file yourself or hired an attorney?

I have heard that applicants who used an attorney got their name check done quickly...is there any truth to this ??

Hi cosmicgrin,

I did it myself.

I am not sure whether having an attorney helps with the name check. My opinion is, it really does not matter. Sorry no help here.
03/25/08 ND all
03/28/08 Checks cashed
04/01/08 FP notice
04/17/08 FP done
05/27/08 IL received

Dont know what i should be doing now-coz going by your and myachagal's timeline i should have got my GC too- i didnt get any RFE either

Should i be calling USCIS?
I would wait a little longer. Unless there is a reason why you need the GC over the EAD.

It took my friend over a year after her interview to receive her GC...

Interview Experience

Time to revive this thread!

We had our interview yesterday: Approved! :cool:

We got to USCIS at around 9:20 AM, the interview was scheduled for 10 AM. After passing security at the entrance, we proceeded to the waiting area at the second floor office where several other couples were waiting already.

We dropped off the interview letter and sat down. At approx. 10:15 AM, one of the interview officers came out and called my name.

Everything was said and done within 15 minutes.
We were sworn in, sat down, and the officer started to browse through our documents. At first, he asked for our IDs and my passport. He asked where my EAD was and I replied that I am on H1B, which prompted him to ask if I was still working for the company indicated on my visa stamp.
He then asked my wife (USC) when the two of us met, how long we've known each other, and when we got married. This was followed by him asking whether we have any kids and, upon denying, if we were planning on having kids.
Apparently satisfied with the answers, he focused on me and asked me the required questions ("No"-questions). When he couldn't locate our marriage certificate in the pile of papers, I handed him another certified copy - he made a photocopy and handed it back to me. I guess he just wanted to make sure there was one on file.

After browsing through our papers one more time (and after some general, not immigration-related, conversation) he looked up and said we were "good to go" and that I should receive my GC within 30-60 days - the standard timeframe indicated, I believe.

Overall, the interview and our entire GC application experience was very pleasant. I owe gratitude to this forum and the people in it. The answers I found and also received were always extremely helpful.

I will update again when I receive the Welcome Letter and the actual GC later on. Thanks again! :D