Any experience with Walk IN FP at Syracuse, NY?

Cl_Asylee

Registered Users (C)
I am wondering if someone has walked in for FP at Syracuse. A friend of mine did FP on the letter date but his wife was not allowed to do the FP because have a later letter date.

Anyone? Thanks.

They didn't let me do it

Wow, you're from Buffalo and have to come all the way to Syracuse to get your fingerprints taken? Well, my original FP date was Dec 4th and I tried to do the walk-in on Dec 3rd (ONE DAY EARLY!) but the security lady said "they really don't like it when you come in early." I politely asked her if she could still go in and ask... she came back out a while later and told me NO. I really don't know what's their issue seeing a lot of folks in other areas get to get their fingerprints earlier than their original appointments. I guess it is quite a drive from Buffalo to Syracuse but if you still want to try, I guess you can but I guess you'd have to have a really good reason. (I told her that my friend happened to fly in town that morning but she said that was no excuse.)

Good luck and let me know how it went.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Danimee,

First, thanks for your response and info provided. I do not live in Buffalo, I just put it as DO since interview will be done over there. I live one hour from Syracuse. But with what you told me I am not confident to go before the date on the letter.

If I go I will let you know my experience. Thanks again.

Well

I could just be one unlucky person, who knows? But your original FP appt. doesn't seem too far away from now. Btw, I do have a question now that you mention Buffalo. I live in Watertown, NY (70 miles north of Syracuse) so does that mean I'm going to be getting an interview in Buffalo as well? The Syracuse office did seem extremely small... I've only been to one other USCIS office in Charlotte, NC and it was huge with guest seating areas.

Thanks.

I could just be one unlucky person, who knows? But your original FP appt. doesn't seem too far away from now. Btw, I do have a question now that you mention Buffalo. I live in Watertown, NY (70 miles north of Syracuse) so does that mean I'm going to be getting an interview in Buffalo as well? The Syracuse office did seem extremely small... I've only been to one other USCIS office in Charlotte, NC and it was huge with guest seating areas.

Thanks.

Yes, you will be send to Buffalo or any other big city for interview but not Syracuse. Check your private messages.

I did FP Walk-In today. They did not want to do it. But I have something to do out of state on the date of the appointment, and I took proofs but anyways they were not very happy to do it. I insisted and they did it.:D

P.S. They never let people do the FP early. I know about 3 people that tried before. I do not understand why.

P.S2. Thanks a lot Danimee.