Any experience with VT/NY-Montreal border?

rim

Registered Users (C)
I posted this mail few days ago but did not get any response.
---------
My questions,
1. Can I land through VT-Montreal border [under quebec] although I applied to land at ontario border [like toronto, Ottawa].

2. If not then I may go to Massena [seaway international bridge] or Thousand islands bridge, those have borders with ontario but close to vermont [I am living in VT]. Does anybody have any experience with those borders ? or heard anything ?

3. Another question is I am from SR [special registration] country so what is the procedure ? Do I need to go to US POE first and notify them ? or call them at canadian POE ?

4. I am planning to get back within 2 days using VT POE [I have valid H1 Visa, already revalidated at state dept.] do you see any problem doing so ?

Please share your exp.
Take care,

for questions no. 1 - i dont think you can land in quebec if you have applied under the federal PR program. so you have to choose some other border crossing apart from quebec province.

Border crossings

You can land at any port of entry EXCEPT those in Quebec, unless you have Certificat de Selection du Quebec (or something like that). I know a guy who applied under the federal skilled worker program. He tried to land at the Quebec border and they didn't let him. He had to travel to the Ontario border to land.

Good luck,

Alfaris