Any consensus on traveling home?

greencarder

Registered Users (C)
Hello all
I have been away from this forum for more than 4 months. I remember that one of the hot topics discussed was the issue of going home and its consequences. Does anyone have any solid evidence that those who went home were penalized? I have been living in my country for a year now and visited the US 3 times during this year. I am also applying for my citizenship and still awaits my interview. Am I going to get punished not only by being denied citizenship but also for going home?

So.. You got your resident card thru asylum, and then moved back to your country, and have been living there for a year ???

I hope you have your re-entry permit with you and from what i know there is no memo from INS about this ISSUE but it depends on the person who interviews you.

Is it really nessesary to get re-entry permit when you want to travel abroad the US for the GC holders? As I know GC + NP would be enough .

Dushamnbe:
GC + NP is enough for short trips, meaning less than 6 months. If she's been out of USA for a year now, she MUST have a reentry permit.

as DON CHICHE asked, im curious too :

So.. You got your resident card thru asylum, and then moved back to your country, and have been living there for a year ???

If that is the case....buddy congratulations, you are my heroe , you are amazing. That is why nowadays people who REAALY need protection in the USA gets a denial by the USCIS , because they no longer believes in people histories.

Good luck anyways you must have good reasons for have a GC thru asylum and been living in you COP, once again an amazing case.

thx Colombian PR , you are right , for some reason I did not pay attention that she is away from US more then 6 month .

LPR since 05/25/2007

Smirnoff,

Yes, i did post the link but that fact sheet is clear enough but the verdict remains it depends on the IO at POE and definately, during the citizenship interview..

We can debate about traveling to COP but my debate and arguement dont count because the INS OFFICER decides based on their knowledge on Asylum.

Last edited by a moderator:
as DON CHICHE asked, im curious too :

If that is the case....buddy congratulations, you are my heroe , you are amazing. That is why nowadays people who REAALY need protection in the USA gets a denial by the USCIS , because they no longer believes in people histories.

Good luck anyways you must have good reasons for have a GC thru asylum and been living in you COP, once again an amazing case.

There is no need for the condescending tone and do not be a smart ass please. First of all, do not blame me for the failure of many in convincing their judges or officers that they have credible fears of persecution. Second of all, I have not visited my country for 14 years because I was truly afraid of going back. Third of all, in my asylum claim, I never said that my government wanted to kill me; I said that it did not do a proper job of protecting me against Islamic fanatics. You know that you are very primitive in your thinking process since you make immature conclusions and unreliable links between events. Stop being judgmental and wait until you know the full story. By the way, I am back to my country to represent a relief organization for refugees!

Greencarder,

Are you an AS6 Green Card Holder ?

Did you travel with your National Passport to your country ?