Any AUGUST 2010 filers out there? please post your time line here!

I finally got my interview letter! (along with my brother and father), for 12/13.

TO CITI, and TradersEC, you guys are the only ones that i know that are FB4 based and/or 245i, did you guys go through your interview yet?
If so, what did you take with you, and what did they ask and tell you?

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

I enochy, I had my interview on November 2nd and it got approved. Please go back a few posts and you will be able to read my interview details.
Good Luck!

Question for the folks that have gone through the interview (and anyone interviewing before 11/17)...

I see many of you have worked in the US for years and was wondering if you could let me know more specifics about your case... what kind of docs you had (or didn't have) when you were working and if that came up at all during the interview.
Also if you had a previous application that was denied, I wonder how much the IO would dwell on that.

I know that for some of us this is a kind of sensitive subject (it is for me). So, if you don't want to post your reply for the entire forum, please send me a private message (just click on my name and select private message) and let me know more about your case. I will feel better if I had some idea about what to expect and have some time to think ahead of time about how to answer if a question like that comes up.

Thanks in advance!

I had a previous application which was denied after 18 years. Employment did not come up. I never worked illegally here so I didn't have a problem if IO had asked me anything. One thing I can tell you is no matter what, YOU DO NOT ACCEPT that you got a fake GC or EAD to gain employment nor you stated that you were a USC on the I-9 form. Fake documents will be considered as DOCUMENT FRAUD and may be used to deny an application.

If you have specific questions, PM me and I will try to answer!

Good Luck!

Congrats to everyone who is moving along and even received their greencard that is so awesome and gives me some hope while Im stuck in immigration purgatory

One thing I can tell you is no matter what, YOU DO NOT ACCEPT that you got a fake GC or EAD to gain employment nor you stated that you were a USC on the I-9 form. Fake documents will be considered as DOCUMENT FRAUD and may be used to deny an application.

Good Luck!

No, I never worked with fake docs or lied about being a USC. But I did have an old application that I ended up abandoning because I wasn't sure it would go anywhere... while that application was pending, I was able to get an EAD and worked legally... so it's similar to your case. I hope my interview goes like yours. Thanks a lot for the info.

Congrats ... Im stuck in immigration purgatory

Stuck may be, but remember from the Catholic Catechism that after purgatory you are going to Heaven!
Good luck immigrous! All of us in the forum are looking forward to yours and Cavicchi's posts with the good news that you guys are moving to the next step... hopefully soon!

I finally got my interview letter! (along with my brother and father), for 12/13.

TO CITI, and TradersEC, you guys are the only ones that i know that are FB4 based and/or 245i, did you guys go through your interview yet?
If so, what did you take with you, and what did they ask and tell you?

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

That's great enochy. Congratulations!
Regarding your question... I have not had my interview yet... it's scheduled for 11/17/2010... one week from today. I'm setting up a binder to have all the docs neatly organized before the interview. The Interview Letter tells you a bunch of documents you should have with you. Also, read recent posts from the people that already had their appointment and start working on your binder ASAP. Good luck!

A hearty CONGRATULATIONS!! to all u guys. Please do not stop posting because it helps those of us who have just started the process

I know I dont fall under the category of August Filers, but u guys have been really helpful answering my 245i questions. Thank u so much, and all the best..God bless u all

Last edited by a moderator:
LadyM,
Thank you...
Sure I will be around daily...so feel free as you do to ask any questions...

A hearty CONGRATULATIONS!! to all u guys. Please do not stop posting because it helps those of us who have just started the process

I know I dont fall under the category of August Filers, but u guys have been really helpful answering my 245i questions. Thank u so much, and all the best..God bless u all

how would you explain working "off the books"?

my father never had a gc or ead but he ended up working either completely "off the books" for years... and maybe a year or 2 his "not valid for employment" ss# from his visitors visa when he arrived in the states, he filed taxes when he DID work with his ss#

It is the same as getting paid "under the table" It is off the records and there is no record of you working. Usually this kind of work pays cash because you cannot trace cash so then taxes and medicare and all that aren't a problem for the employer.

how would you explain working "off the books"?

It is the same as getting paid "under the table" It is off the records and there is no record of you working. Usually this kind of work pays cash because you cannot trace cash so then taxes and medicare and all that aren't a problem for the employer.

heh, lemme rephrase my question, should you explain that you've worked "off the books/under the table" to the IO

..because my dad did not an ead nor gc, so that was the only option of making money, however, for a year or two he did work on the books with his "not valid for employment" ss# from his visitors visa when he arrived in the states, he filed taxes when he DID work with his ss#

heh, lemme rephrase my question, should you explain that you've worked "off the books/under the table" to the IO

..because my dad did not an ead nor gc, so that was the only option of making money, however, for a year or two he did work on the books with his "not valid for employment" ss# from his visitors visa when he arrived in the states, he filed taxes when he DID work with his ss#

Please do not waste your time worrying about that, unauthorized employment is forgiven under 245i. How does anyone expect you to be here and not work for so many years, you know it and they know it. Remember, no one admits nor agree using a fake document or posing as a USC to gain employment.
Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
LadyM,
Thank you...
Sure I will be around daily...so feel free as you do to ask any questions...

kks123, get a job, lol.................
just kidding, I am sure most of us will still be here and do our level best to help others!
Salaam

Citi786,
Salaam..
Lollll..
Yes - it will take time for us to really get ourselves off this board, while some of our colleagues go through the process..

Re-job, actually over the years I developed my home office - self employed, will remain as is for the next twelve months or so, looking to grow faster now that there are more corners I can turn..

kks123, get a job, lol.................
just kidding, I am sure most of us will still be here and do our level best to help others!
Salaam

This may help you read the precedent decesion of BIA

Matter of Serapio Felimon ALANIA-Martin, Respondent
File A099 799 967 - Boise, Idaho
Decided April 30, 2010
U.S. Department of Justice

Executive Office for Immigration Review
Board of Immigration Appeals
Aliens who are otherwise eligible to adjust status under section 245(i) of the Immigration
and Nationality Act, 8 U.S.C. § 1255(i) (2006), are not subject to the unauthorized
employment restrictions of sections 245(c) and the exception for such employment in section
245(k) that apply to applications for adjustment of status under section 245(a).

hey guys,

I was just wondering whether my lawyer will get the NOA receipt (and all other mailings from USCIS) and then let me know, or will I get one in my mailbox as well.