Any AUGUST 2010 filers out there? please post your time line here!

CaViCchi. Call USCIS and try to expedite your case based on severe financial loss (you're not working and have bills to pay, etc.). It can't hurt and you don't need your lawyer to do it.

So here is an update -
I had some kind of brainstorm last night so I called USCIS customer service today - First I must say this guy was really polite and helpful.

I told him its been 70 days since I filed, and I would like to make a request to expedite my case based on financial difficulties. We actually bought a house this year and with only my husband working plus three kids bills, mortgage, high property taxes our financial situation has changed since I filed and i really needed to go out to work so I can assist my family.

He said he totally respects that decision and would put in a service request for biometrics for Employment Authorization so I can get out to work ASAP.

He further went to say there is a huge backlog because of the temporary protected asylum being offered to Haitian immigrants due to the earthquake its a first come first served process so I will just have to really wait.

Just wanted to give you guys an update. Also congrats Citi I meant to extend my wishes to you and your wife before. Hope my comes soon and to all others who are waiting.

very helpful man

Thank you!! I've been forcing here to read the DMV booklet and to prepare for her driving test and you never know what would happen in future.....

nobody answered me so I repost...

yesterday I asked my lawyer about all those things... to speed up the process, with the work proposal and all that stuff, he told me just "No, there's nothing we can do to speed up the EAD process." and if I talk about the 90-day mark... he just doesn't answer me :O...

I don't know... because I am not a lawyer, but to do all of the above (since I filed with my lawyer)... do I need him? or I can take my own infopasses?

thank you

CaVvicChi - Since I know you, this is the first time I would like to agree with you, YOUR ATTORNEY IS AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May I add a MORON too...............
Call the USCIS number, ask them for help. Making infopass won't help.

thank you... I hate to sit and wait... :|

There is nothing we can do but just to sit and wait and pray. It's nerve wracking if we wait and nothing comes up, but dude that is the only thing we have right now. If I reach my 30th day (which will be on the 24th), I will be calling USCIS to follow up.

Hope you get yours soon.

Tomorrow is going to be the 30th day after the Biometrics appointment... If I won't get anything by Monday (not even a soft touch on my case) I will call and ask about my case... and we'll see... anyway this morning USCIS' website had no news... :(

oh... tomorrow it's also 3 years that I've been in the USA

My wife received her interview letter on 09/29/10 (Issued on 09/27/10). The interview will be held on 11/04/10. We sent all of I-130, I-485, I-131, and I-765 on 08/25/10. She is still waiting for EAD and AP. By the way, USCIS site has never sent us any e-mail or text message. I am not sure whether it functions or not... It is totally useless for us.

My wife received her interview letter on 09/29/10 (Issued on 09/27/10). The interview will be held on 11/04/10. We sent all of I-130, I-485, I-131, and I-765 on 08/25/10. She is still waiting for EAD and AP. By the way, USCIS site has never sent us any e-mail or text message. I am not sure whether it functions or not... It is totally useless for us.

It does work, provided you register for it............

Update on my (parent's) apps:

Got the BioMetrics appointment letter and AP approvals in the mail yesterday (Oct 14th).
The online status said the APs are posted on Oct 4th itself.

The apps are stuck for a while, and I have called in and filed a service-request a couple of weeks back -- and think this may be a result of that.
Good thing about the forums is you can see how cases with similar time lines are doing, and try and see what worked for them.
For me maserih case looked most similar in that -- his/her case is also stuck and got the BioMetrics once filed the service-request.

immiqrous, you may also get your BioMetrics soon - otherwise just call and followup.
I also wasted sometime by not calling and just waiting and hoping it will move on its own.

CaViCcHi I will keep saying a prayer for you I can imagine how you feel. As hard as it is keep faith god doesn't give you more than you can handle.

Today we got a very nice surprise: our Interview Letters! The appointment is for 11/17/2010 in the Tampa DO. It was unexpected because I thought there would be some activity showing ahead of time in the USCIS case status web site... and there was nothing! but... hey! who's complaining?? One tidbit that might be of interest to some readers: the "letters" (actually I-797C NOA) are dated 10/8/2010 and were stamped 10/12/2010.
Many thanks to all the wonderful folks out there wishing us good luck. Please know that we really appreciate it and wish them and all the other members of this forum success in this process. Again, as a group we are moving at a good pace and I hope/trust that the folks that are a little bit delayed in one of the steps will get it done soon. Do follow the advise given and call USCIS to inquire about the status, but do not despair or give up hope. Keep the faith, your time is coming!

Here is our updated timeline:

Case type: I485 USC Brother

8/4/2010 => Day 1 =>Mailed AOS to the Chicago Lockbox late last night.
08/06/2010 => Day 3 => Package received by USCIS Chicago
08/13/2010 => Day 10 => Email from USCIS with receipt numbers MSC etc
08/13/2010 => Day 10 => Checks cashed by USCIS
08/16/2010 => Day 13 => Notice of Action received for I485 and I765
08/30/2010 => Day 27 => Biometrics appointment for 9/22/2010.
08/31/2010 => Day 28 => Got the biometrics done at ASC.
09/02/2010 => Day 30 => Got RFE for additional docs: pay stubs, bank statements. RFE dated 8/30/2010.
09/13/2010 => Day 41 => Sent the requested documentation overnight.
09/16/2010 => Day 44 => Evidence received by USCIS. Processing resumed
09/30/2010 => Day 58 => USCIS web site shows cards ordered for production on 9/29/2010
10/07/2010 => Day 65 => Got EAD cards on the mail today... awesome!
10/15/2010 => Day 73 => Got IL dated 10/8/2010. App=11/17/2010 10:30 AM

TraderEC, wonderful indeed, congrats..our interview is 11/9/2010, some folks are going for interviews starting from 10/21/2010.
We will all share our experiences for the benefit of this group.

Today we got a very nice surprise: our Interview Letters! The appointment is for 11/17/2010 in the Tampa DO.

OK - AP in hand, hopefully get EAD this week, and interview this coming Thursday. Time to start printing pictures... TraderEC - congrats on the Interview Letter.

08/12/2010 => Day 00 => Package sent by overnight FEDEX to Chicago lockbox
08/13/2010 => Day 01 => Package received and signed for in Chicago
08/23/2010 => Day 11 => Email and Text receipt notification
08/23/2010 => Day 11 => Cheques cashed - $1010 and $355
08/26/2010 => Day 14 => NOAs received in the mail
08/30/2010 => Day 18 => Received biometrics appointment letter (for 9/23)
09/03/2010 => Day 22 => Did walk-in biometrics
09/03/2010 => Day 22 => Touch
09/16/2010 => Day 35 => Received interview letter for 10/21
10/07/2010 => Day 56 => Email - EAD approved, card ordered
10/08/2010 => Day 57 => Email - AP approved
10/14/2010 => Day 63 => Email (2nd) EAD card production ordered
10/15/2010 => Day 64 => AP received

10/21/2010 => Day 70 => AOS Interview

NikosF - Good luck to you..just be relaxed and all will be well..

OK - AP in hand, hopefully get EAD this week, and interview this coming Thursday. Time to start printing pictures... TraderEC - congrats on the Interview Letter.
10/21/2010 => Day 70 => AOS Interview

Things are moving swiftly for almost everyone, Congrats & Good Luck to you all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like Im the only one waiting on biometrics appointment still
urrgggh - this is the story of my life. I bought 15 raffle tickets and I still didnt win the 2 school sweatshirts! I just could have bought a sweatshirt for $15