Another Simple Question : A# on back of check?

desihai

Registered Users (C)
While trying to send the form, and reverifying the instructions here's another one I found which may be silly or very important.
In the Document Checklist Instructions for N-400 in M-477 Document, it states :

3. .................... Write your "A-number" on the back of the check or money order"

Usually I write such information in the Memo part of the check. I have never written anything on back of check except to endorse (ie sign while cashing)

Did you guys write on the back of the check ? If so where?

I would write it on thr front of the check.
I saw some post about the check being invalid because someone wrote it on the back... there is area on the back which should remain blank for processing I think...

While trying to send the form, and reverifying the instructions here's another one I found which may be silly or very important.
In the Document Checklist Instructions for N-400 in M-477 Document, it states :

3. .................... Write your "A-number" on the back of the check or money order"

Usually I write such information in the Memo part of the check. I have never written anything on back of check except to endorse (ie sign while cashing)

Did you guys write on the back of the check ? If so where?
I put in on the back of the check as instructed. Everything was fine. I did not put in on the memo line.

Yes, I wrote mine on the back of the cheque (and yes I only sent a single chque) and had no problems. I did make sure to write it in endorsing area so as to avoid the "don't write below this line" area.

I wrote the A# in the memo section. Have read on the forum, like Compass said, about an application being returrned because the A# on the back looked liked endorsement. Search for that thread.
The basic idea is they want to match the check to the applicant, so they need the A# on the check.