Another question about dates

SIbmx

Registered Users (C)
I apologize for my question because nobody can really answer it 100% right.
What estimated wait for i-485 approval is gonna be for people who were granted asylum recently? I was granted asylum in April 2005, before Real ID Act I would have to wait at least 6 years, but with the new law dates are gonna change....?! Right?
Just wanna know your opinion!!!!!!!
I guess they gonna approve all pending applications first and then start working on new cases like mine, in this case it may take even more than 6 years. :-(

SIbmx said:
I apologize for my question because nobody can really answer it 100% right.
What estimated wait for i-485 approval is gonna be for people who were granted asylum recently? I was granted asylum in April 2005, before Real ID Act I would have to wait at least 6 years, but with the new law dates are gonna change....?! Right?
Just wanna know your opinion!!!!!!!
I guess they gonna approve all pending applications first and then start working on new cases like mine, in this case it may take even more than 6 years. :-(

First of all, it is kinda silly of you to expect 100% accurate estimate.
Second, considering you just got your asylum in Apr, you should sit back and relax cuz it's not gonna happen overnight; however you won't have to wait as long as other folks have.

My 68.43% guess is that you'd get your GC sometime in 2007-2009, and that if Real ID kicks in.

Best of luck :) :) :)

E

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it doesn't happen overnight, but I haven't seen my parents for 4 years and my lawyer told me I have to wait till I get my GC before I leave US coz I overstayed in the past. I guess another 3-4 years before I see my parents somewhere in a "third" country. :(

Espritis said:
First of all, it is kinda silly of you to expect 100% accurate estimate.
Second, considering you just got your asylum in Apr, you should sit back and relax cuz it's not gonna happen overnight; however you won't have to wait as long as other folks have.

My 68.43% guess is that you'd get your GC sometime in 2007-2009, and that if Real ID kicks in.

Best of luck :) :) :)

:) :) :) :)
what is your 31.57% guess about the people who were approved in 5/2002 and applied for GC I485 in 3/2004.
:D
give me a good date. Pleaaaaaaaaaase

Unless something drastic happens (some alien technology from Mars to speed up the process), I do not think anything major will change even after the lift of the cap. A good example would be the refugees, even though their wait is not as long, they wait an average 3 years or more to adjust, and they do not have a cap!

mmbutt said:
:) :) :) :)
what is your 31.57% guess about the people who were approved in 5/2002 and applied for GC I485 in 3/2004.
:D
give me a good date. Pleaaaaaaaaaase

Why in the world did you wait 2 yrs to submit you 485?