• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Ankara CP

hmbv20

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends
My wife is dv2007 winner.We were in Ankara for interview 12 weeks ago.After interview they said that we need security check & must come back after that.I ask from the consular officer that can I come alone & she said yes.Now, our case number is announced & I am in doubt that go alone or with my family for visa issue.Do anybody have similar experience that can help me?
Best regard

To be sure and not to spend time ,you should come to Ankara with your family as winner is your Wife. There is no anyone you can trust

usually, when the visas are already issued, one person can come by and pick up all the passports for the family. However, I'd call (email) the consulate and ask.

LucyMO said:
usually, when the visas are already issued, one person can come by and pick up all the passports for the family. However, I'd call (email) the consulate and ask.

Hi LucyMo
Thank for your attention.I wait for your reply.

Why?

1-Why we need security check & must come back after that?
2-Is it normal for all the people,Is it possible that they give the visa in same trip?they check our backgroun befor our interview or after that?
3- If we need to come back later,is it clear that how many days after that we must go there?Is it schedule in the ankara web site?
4-Anybody knows why asia numbers stoped?
Please write your notes or send a massege to me
Thank you all for share your experiance

hmbv20 said:
Hi friends
My wife is dv2007 winner.We were in Ankara for interview 12 weeks ago.After interview they said that we need security check & must come back after that.I ask from the consular officer that can I come alone & she said yes.Now, our case number is announced & I am in doubt that go alone or with my family for visa issue.Do anybody have similar experience that can help me?
Best regard

hi hmbv20
i read in the http://turkey.usembassy.gov/immigrant_security.html
- ATTENTION -
One member of a family can return to Turkey on behalf of the entire family. The person returning to the Embassy must be one of the Family members receiving a visa.
BUT
For Iranian Applicants, when your number appears, come to the Embassy with the refusal sheet (OF-194) and missing items, if any, before the expiration date of your clearance any Monday-Thursday between 1:30-2:00 p.m. When the visa receives final approval, your passport will be returned by UPS courier to a local address (in Turkey) within 2-3 working days. All visa applicants, even children, must appear in person.
i think all the members should go back.