And then the CARD arrived

lamborghini

Registered Users (C)
Hello folks,

The green card is here and I am good to go wherever life takes me.

I had checked on the INS website and it had said the card had been ordered Nov 29th. A week later I have it in my hands.

For the details oriented, I-485 RD was Sept 12, 2001 ; Approved Oct 17th, 2002; and passport was stamped (and pics were given with I-89) Oct 25th at Boston INS.

It is really neat card - with my pic and fingerprint in the front and a holographic picture of me and the map of USA in the back. It even came with a plastic sleeve to keep the card in, like your banks give you to keep your ATM cards in - talk about the arrival of the 21st century at the INS. Now if only i could find the 'Uncle Sam ATM" where I can get some extra cash :D

And yes they have made it a little more "green".

cheers all and good luck

:)

P.S. - Talking about end-of-year performance reviews which seem to be on the minds of many... I feel that that was my accomplishment for the year!! Heck maybe even for the first 29.75 years of my life.
6 years ago when I had just started working (after my M.S.) for a company down in NJ, I had said to one of our admins (a very cute one by the name Lisa), "I will be a millionaire by the time I turn 30." She had smiled sweetly and I could see the "you are so naive" look in her eyes when she had said, "A million $s is a lot of money."

Well, here we are. No! I do not have a million in cash, not even close. But the Green Card is here and I am not 30 yet. So I tell myself that I have a virtual million. :) :) considering a scenario where i went through the investor quota to get it.....

What next - don't know. Definitely need a new gameplan for my career, and my life. Life is getting boring, have spent almost 4 years doing the same. Maybe MBA, maybe Ph.D., maybe a Law degree or a CFA degree???

any thoughts folks?

Hey congrats!!

Is it safe to change profession?? Even I also want to change my profession after getting green card, programmer ---> medical.
Is it safe? and for how long one has to be in the same prof. after getting green card?