• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

An inquiry regarding my last date to travel

kaled

Registered Users (C)
I am a DV2014 winner with case number AS105**
i had my interview at US embassy, Cairo , Egypt
and i received my visa with an issue date (Aug. 18th) and expiration date on ( jan. 20th 2015)
i need to know when should i travel to the states as the information of the selectee is clear that the DV2014 program ends by Sep. 30th.
so is that date limited to getting the visa or it includes travelling to the states ??

NB ; almost all the private offices in Egypt states that you have to travel to the states before sep. 30th otherwise you will be rejected at the port of entry and they keep telling stories about people that couldn't enter the states because they traveled after sep 30th

your input is greatly appreciated , Thank you

I am a DV2014 winner with case number AS105**
i had my interview at US embassy, Cairo , Egypt
and i received my visa with an issue date (Aug. 18th) and expiration date on ( jan. 20th 2015)
i need to know when should i travel to the states as the information of the selectee is clear that the DV2014 program ends by Sep. 30th.
so is that date limited to getting the visa or it includes travelling to the states ??

NB ; almost all the private offices in Egypt states that you have to travel to the states before sep. 30th otherwise you will be rejected at the port of entry and they keep telling stories about people that couldn't enter the states because they traveled after sep 30th

your input is greatly appreciated , Thank you

These "private offices" in Egypt are talking rubbish. You can most certainly enter the USA after 9/30/2014. The visa expiry (1/20/2015) is your last date of entry - although I would suggest not leaving it until the last minute.

These "private offices" in Egypt are talking rubbish. You can most certainly enter the USA after 9/30/2014. The visa expiry (1/20/2015) is your last date of entry - although I would suggest not leaving it until the last minute.

Agree with this and can give my own experience as an example. I am a DV2013 winner. Our visas were granted 1 July 2013 with expiry 31 Dec 2013. We entered 26 Dec 2013 with no problems.

Just another example of how some companies charge without knowing the actual procedures!!