An additional notice received before receiving the interview appointment letter, any problem?

mimijean1234

Registered Users (C)
Hello All.

A quick question concerning my naturalization interview: I got my fingerprints done in July and in late August, I received a yellow letter from USCIS saying "This is not an interview notice, subject: Pre-Interview Case File Review...Prior to forwarding your case for interview, USCIS has performed a complete review of your file and Application for Naturalization. We have identified additional documentation may be needed, and then recommend me to bring my state issued driver's license or state-issued photo ID". However, after half a month later, I received my interview appointment letter which also contains the list of the standard documents I need to bring, such as greencard, passport, etc.

My question is: In this case, is it strange that I receive another yellow letter asking me to bring my state ID? Do I need to prepare additional documents for that? By the way, I did live in Iowa for a year and moved to the eastern coast four years ago, but after that, I have been living in the same place.

I got one too - same as yours. It's no biggie. Some get them, some don't. I think it's like a random spot-check.

In some instances like if filing 3 years married to USC they might ask for more stuff - tax transcripts, joint account statements etc., but in your case and mine I think it's just a random formality.

Did you get TWO yellow letters? (Asking for same thing?)... if so it's probably just a hiccup in the system. If you got your IL you're in the home stretch. I'm still waiting on that...

I got one too - same as yours. It's no biggie. Some get them, some don't. I think it's like a random spot-check.

In some instances like if filing 3 years married to USC they might ask for more stuff - tax transcripts, joint account statements etc., but in your case and mine I think it's just a random formality.

Did you get TWO yellow letters? (Asking for same thing?)... if so it's probably just a hiccup in the system. If you got your IL you're in the home stretch. I'm still waiting on that...

Thank you so much. I've got my interview appointment letter. :)

Congratulations! How much time passed between when you received YL and IL? I'm still waiting here... but my YL only came a week ago.