Amen!

kashmir

Registered Users (C)
( This is gopher97 's thread, but the clock of ImmigrationPortal.Com server is confusing ... )

Last edited by a moderator:
7 years after starting this fuckin process of getting a GC and almost 12 years in the US, finally got approved (wac 02-186) on June 30th.

Filed LC with Company A, lawyer M in state X (TSC), state dept of labor lost the file after it was resubmitted by lawyer M since he made a mistake on the 1st one. Moved to state Y with company B lawyer N and decided to start the process all over again. 9 months into employment with company B, LC from company A got approved in state X. Rejoined company A in state Y with lawyer O and applied for 140. Applied for Consular Procecssing, but National Visa Center lost my file! Lawyer O suggested attorney certified CP, but home consulate rejected their request after 4 months. Then filed AOS in May of '02. Confused yet?

Never got first FP till April '03 which worked in my favor. My 1st FP expires on the 11th of this month and only reason I think I got approved now. A friendly fax reminder to CSC :) also helped although they initially told me to fuck off!

Last update was 6/8/04

Thanks for all the valuable info people have selflessly shared on this forum. You know who you are. 140_takes_4ever, enjoyed our discussions. The few I have flamed, peace?

God bless!

oh and no congratulatory messages please... it is no achievement, but mereley the completion of another step in the process. See ya'll in the citizenship forum in a few years!

Gopher,

Complex story. But truly glad you have your approval. I know you explicitly asked not to be congratulated, so this is not a congratulatory post, instead it is one wishing you all the best in your future endevours. I am really happy your saga has come to an end.

gopher97 said:
140_takes_4ever, enjoyed our discussions. The few I have flamed, peace?
Going to miss you too mate. Enjoyed seeing you around. The forum is going to be a lot emptier with desi-bartender gone, and now you. The good thing about the approvals speeding up is that a lot of people who have been waiting for ever are getting their approvals. The sad thing is that a lot of people with whom my life has been inexplicably connected over the past couple of years are leaving. Not that I have ever met you and the chances are I never will, but it still feels sad. :(

Well enough of that! IT IS APPROVAL TIME BABY! VEGAS is the place to be. Have a bloody brilliant time over the next couple of days. Have a really really cold long glass of beer followed by a couple of shots, and don't forget to pray to the beer gods for my approval. :)

If you are ever in the bay area, drop me a line.

> oh and no congratulatory messages please... it is no achievement, but mereley
the completion of another step in the process. See ya'll in the citizenship forum in a few years!

It's great to hear your approval.
And, I agree with you. It's only the completion of one step.
Regarding "a few years", we will make it "2 (or 3) years" instead of "5 years".
Good luck,
-kashmir

(re-posted due to system clock trouble)

Kashmir, 140_takes_4ever,

Gotta give it to u guys for ur positive attitude albeit my expressly luke warm attitude at best towards the law suit and immigrationportal.org. Citizenship in 2 years would be sweet! Even made my contribution yesterday to immigrationportal.org!

140_takes_4ever said:
Gopher,

Complex story. But truly glad you have your approval. I know you explicitly asked not to be congratulated, so this is not a congratulatory post, instead it is one wishing you all the best in your future endevours. I am really happy your saga has come to an end.

Going to miss you too mate. Enjoyed seeing you around. The forum is going to be a lot emptier with desi-bartender gone, and now you. The good thing about the approvals speeding up is that a lot of people who have been waiting for ever are getting their approvals. The sad thing is that a lot of people with whom my life has been inexplicably connected over the past couple of years are leaving. Not that I have ever met you and the chances are I never will, but it still feels sad. :(

Well enough of that! IT IS APPROVAL TIME BABY! VEGAS is the place to be. Have a bloody brilliant time over the next couple of days. Have a really really cold long glass of beer followed by a couple of shots, and don't forget to pray to the beer gods for my approval. :)

If you are ever in the bay area, drop me a line.

Not a consumer of alcohol, but I did put in a prayer for ya. I hope ur approval is around the corner. Bottom line is that we'll all get apporved, its just a matter of when.

Come to Vegas and a whole night of drinks on me and heck, I'll even be ur designated driver!

Keep up the terrific work!

Cheers mate!