All New Blue Card - Coming soon

nTan

Registered Users (C)
EU 'blue card' to tempt skilled

The European Commission is set to unveil a Blue Card for skilled immigrants, based on the US Green Card.

The card would allow suitably qualified people and their families to live and work within the EU.

The EU says it needs 20 million skilled immigrants over the next 20 years, and is very short of expertise in engineering and computer technology.

It's celebration time for South East Asian... :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7057575.stm

Thanks for sharing interesting info. The article says that UK has already opted out of the program and other countries are belligerent too to the proposal.

In any case, great initiative on EUs part to attract skilled immigrants. What a time to bring such a proposal to light - US is in the midst of greatest credit crunch of the recent history, dollar's never ending slide against EURO, international uproar over US's invasion in middle east, and of course the famous immigration reforms debacle. Way to go EU..

EU 'blue card' to tempt skilled

The European Commission is set to unveil a Blue Card for skilled immigrants, based on the US Green Card.

The card would allow suitably qualified people and their families to live and work within the EU.

The EU says it needs 20 million skilled immigrants over the next 20 years, and is very short of expertise in engineering and computer technology.

It's celebration time for South East Asian... :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7057575.stm

That is better than GC.. look like no waiting time like here...

Thanks for sharing interesting info. The article says that UK has already opted out of the program and other countries are belligerent too to the proposal.

In any case, great initiative on EUs part to attract skilled immigrants. What a time to bring such a proposal to light - US is in the midst of greatest credit crunch of the recent history, dollar's never ending slide against EURO, international uproar over US's invasion in middle east, and of course the famous immigration reforms debacle. Way to go EU..

If they come with some solid propsal and implement why not move to EU. Here.. life family, everyhting are in limbo.. I feel it is good at least for those of us waiting more than 10 years and no end to this tunnel... man I am tired of this wait no fault of ours...
:mad::mad::mad:

Also present GC holders may be able to trade for their green cards for blue cards.Blue is my favorite color anyways :)

I think we must move in mass

Also present GC holders may be able to trade for their green cards for blue cards.Blue is my favorite color anyways :)

II think if the Blue card is favorable for us we should all move same time there by a huge vacuum is created.. that way at least the law makers understand the seriousness:mad::mad::mad:

Benelux countries are better than UK

The article says that UK has already opted out of the program.

Well UK is not the best country to live in work in the world.. The Benelux countries in EU are one of the top countries to live and work. They offer much higher standard of living.