• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

when I c his post on Wednesday , I was thinking that his interview will be in the middle of nov, but he made it all, god love him.

but what I learned from him , even ur visa application status is invalid u have a chance to be interviewed and get the visa. is that correct abcde?

No there was nothing invalid about it at all. They just haven't updated part of the system.

Dear my forum team mates I am going to tell you the details of my interview ; sorry for my language if it is not ...
I arrive at Addia Abeba US embassy around shiromeda at 1:15 local time.At the gate the security personel asked me my 1stNL & 2nd NL ; and passport.
After that I enter to second security check. I give my phone and other metal materials to them and they give me number to retake my properties.
Pass through second security check ( gate like air port). Then I enter into the embassy.The lady on the embassy gave me paper to arrange my documents in order.( There were other 3 Dv winners before me).
She took our documents after ~40 minutes ;she asked for documents which are not fullfilled likeDS260 confirmation letter. Then gave me a paper to read and sign and pay 330Usd or 6600eth birr when I return on the afternoon(6:30LT).
I just leave the embassy and go to some where to see copy of my documents.Return to embassy at 6:15 LT ; at the first gate asked to show the paper I took to read and sign and kebele I.D(yetadese mehon alebet); pass via similar way as morning.Around 7:30 my name called and told to pay 330usd and she return all orginal and copy documents above grade 12; I do that give finger print ; wait till my name called for interview.( at this time I see 9 Dv winners including me) my named called at 5th place ; The CO and an ethiopian lady gave me a nice greeting ; I returned in the same fashion.The lady asked me to ask a questions (translating what the CO is asking)
Q.till which grade you study?
I. **
Which dep't
Where did you work ? what did you work?
what is your current work ?
.student
who paid 330 usd for you
Are you married? Do you have girl friend or fiance
Do you plan to marry before you travel to US?
Some times he says are you sure directly to me and I say yes
Finally she gave me my orginal documents and yellow paper saying your visa is approved ; she told me to create DHL address and it ends.
Sorry for making it too long

Dear my forum team mates I am going to tell you the details of my interview ; sorry for my language if it is not ...
I arrive at Addia Abeba US embassy around shiromeda at 1:15 local time.At the gate the security personel asked me my 1stNL & 2nd NL ; and passport.
After that I enter to second security check. I give my phone and other metal materials to them and they give me number to retake my properties.
Pass through second security check ( gate like air port). Then I enter into the embassy.The lady on the embassy gave me paper to arrange my documents in order.( There were other 3 Dv winners before me).
She took our documents after ~40 minutes ;she asked for documents which are not fullfilled likeDS260 confirmation letter. Then gave me a paper to read and sign and pay 330Usd or 6600eth birr when I return on the afternoon(6:30LT).
I just leave the embassy and go to some where to see copy of my documents.Return to embassy at 6:15 LT ; at the first gate asked to show the paper I took to read and sign and kebele I.D(yetadese mehon alebet); pass via similar way as morning.Around 7:30 my name called and told to pay 330usd and she return all orginal and copy documents above grade 12; I do that give finger print ; wait till my name called for interview.( at this time I see 9 Dv winners including me) my named called at 5th place ; The CO and an ethiopian lady gave me a nice greeting ; I returned in the same fashion.The lady asked me to ask a questions (translating what the CO is asking)
I. **
Which dep't
.student
who paid 330 usd for you
Finally she gave me my orginal documents and yellow paper saying your visa is approved ; she told me to create DHL address and it ends.

Congratulations and thank you abcdefg. This is what I was eager to listen to. Wish you good luck.

Mb1xxx thanks for z info, I have a condo which only 20% (86k birr) paid down payment, the rest will b paid on installnent in 20years time starting next december, even I did not receive z house key yet . But will it help as personal asset? I have only bank loan contract with housing agency.

Rolex I was checking on sponsor related Issue from someone I know working at the embassy. I am told that sponsor related forms are required at the embassy in Addis mainly for those people traveling on invitation. So the conclusion is that it is good to have the form or documents on owned assets but even if both are not possible, the trend is they don't ask for it. Let's hear from abcdefg how he managed this case.

what they asked me about the sponser is the relationship with me ; because I am a student they asked me who paid the visa processing fee for me and I told them that I paid by my self (from which I saved when I am a civil servant)

what they asked me about the sponser is the relationship with me ; because I am a student they asked me who paid the visa processing fee for me and I told them that I paid by my self (from which I saved when I am a civil servant)

The purpose of these two questions is to ascertain your financial position. By sponsor I suppose you mean a host, or did you actually submit an I-134?

I. **
Which dep't
.student
who paid 330 usd for you

dear abcdefg I am happy for you, and appreciate posting your valuable interview experiences , but what do you mean 'not fullfilled likeDS260 confirmation letter is that mean you did not put together your ds260 confirmation page?
did you give the lady at the check point your work experience document ? or they just only make an interview to check your were working or not?

Rolex I was checking on sponsor related Issue from someone I know working at the embassy. I am told that sponsor related forms are required at the embassy in Addis mainly for those people traveling on invitation. So the conclusion is that it is good to have the form or documents on owned assets but even if both are not possible, the trend is they don't ask for it. Let's hear from abcdefg how he managed this case.
ya , I think as per abcedefg , it is better to have I-134 document and it would be best if you got the affidavit from host, because as per abcdefg they ask you a detatil about the host, and if you have I-134 from the host you have their details on the form, because sometimes it is boring to ask detail profile for a person who live in USA. But if they send us I-134 it is very easy to know their details that would probably be asked during the interview just like abcdefg.

by the way as per abcdefg, there are a number of ppl who are not in this forum who got dv2015 visa from addis abeba US embassy during the month of October and beginning of November.